Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who lives and fishes in the lower Hudson Valley?

Sam
[signature]
Hey Sam, I'm in the Albany area. As of yet I haven't fished any lower down river than the Thruway bridge that crosses just below Castleton. I would like to get down to the Kingston next striper season. Have you fished there? chief
[signature]
Chief, I've fished from the Esopus Creek to south of the Roundout Creek in an area called the Saddlebags (on the Hudson R. map). The Saddlebags is actually a two mile sandbar that parallels the west bank and forms a channel with the shore. My largest smallie (4.5 lbs.) was caught in a lie down midway up the bar and my partner and I limited on largemouth using buzzbaits on either side of high tide. Another partner and I found 20 small stripers up in the cul de sac that the bar forms with a shallow flat to the north, just south of the creek. We had a blast!

Got to know the tides to fish any area.

Sam
[signature]
hey Sam
I hear you about the tides, It seemed like I was just off this year missing the bite for the stripers. I wanted to get further south this year but never made it. I also have a map for the lower Hudson so I can find the areas you memtioned in your last post, I have been unable to find an upper hudson map. From Kingston north. I hope next season I can get down your way in the early part of the season. Chief
[signature]
highland guy here ,i fish wappingers creek and ashokan res.I see this is a old thread but figured what the hell.[Smile]
[signature]