Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where you fishing this weekend ?
i'm hitting the manistee .
[signature]
I was going to head back to the Bear River Friday night after the football game, but it has been so packed up and down the river that my plans will change. The recent upswing of salmon has anglers coming out of the woodwork to get in on the action.
It reminds of 20 years ago when the coho came in and 100's of people were throwing trebles into the rushing water and hoping to get something. Some people were snagged in the eye, nose or other body part by some of those wild backcasts.
Nope I'm seeking quieter pastures(or water)!!! Maybe the grouse will be biting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
[signature]
Lonehunter: Got one in the vest this Saturday a.m. I did scare up three woodcock which is a great sign. Those were the fifth and six I flushed so far this season. Hitting the bear tomorrow morning before work for a last attempt at some salmon. The crowds have thinned somewhat.. Love that Manistee area for birding, but haven't been there to do it since I was a teen.
[signature]
I was there my self for the first time ever this past week end. beutifull country, reminds me of Tenneessee.

Sure do wished I could have been there under better circumstances and had more time to spend there.... Did enjoy my self... I like the new tackle shop as well,

did any one come down with Dickensins desease while they were there? (spelling ?)[sly]
[signature]