Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview
I wanted to tell you all about the thorough skunking that I received at the hands of Pineview reservoir this past weekend. I fished Friday night, Saturday morning, and Saturday night; throwing out a variety of things and not even getting a nibble. I tried bass tactics, using topwater lures, using crawdad imitating lures, and using jigs and the like. I put on several big rapalas trying to lure a musky in. I also tried several spinnerbaits trying for muskies. I tried small jigs tipped with worms for perch and crappie, and never in my entire life have I had so little success at this lake. We fished down by the dam, in the arm on the far south side of the Lake, in the middle arm, and on the side north of the boat ramp too. I was quite frustrated. I've managed to catch bass, crappie, and perch here before. It's one of my favorite places to ice fish. I still haven't caught the elusive Tiger Muskie that I would like to. I was pretty disappointed in my efforts, but I thought I'd stop in and tell you how I did, and see if you had any hints or tips to offer that could help. <br><br>
sorry to hear it douger76. One thing you may want to consider is the possibility of the muskies being down deep. Possibly deeper than your lure was running. When the fish are down there, long line trolling is really the best way to reach them. I will tell you what, check your private messages. And welcome to the board, glad to have you. Hopefully we will be able to help you out every now and then.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
The best area I had last year around this time til it Froze was over was by the Dam. Fishing along the northshore. I would use small curly tails jigs for perch, which were practicly right along shore, and the muskies were close enuf to shore i could cast to them from shore, early mornings and late evenings were best, at this time of year fishing at night can be pretty good aswell.<br><br>swimming in ice.