Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LINCON AGAIN?
WHATS UP NOW THAT THE CHILLY WINDS ARE GONE. FISH ON YET?
[signature]
I want to catch a nice eye so bad. i only caught 2 this spring! and i hope to get into some fall action. what about the whites.. are they stiill hitting?
Joe
[signature]
THEY WILL BE ON THER FALL PATERN SOON. BUT IF YOU HIT THEM IN OCT THEY WILL BE CRAZY OUT AT THE SPRINGS AT LINCON.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Should be some reports after this weekend. I will be hooking up with WalleyeBob down there tomorrow, and have heard tell of a couple of other BFTers that plan to hit it over the weekend.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I had to go down to Provo on business yesterday and had time to swing out to LB and look over the conditions. Dead flat calm at 11 AM and the water looked to be fairly clean. Saw one person getting ready to launch a 'toon, but nobody else fishing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My guess is that the eyes and whities are there waiting for us. We just gotta go get 'em. Course, I've been wrong before. Actually, I've been wrong a lot since I got married.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I hope to get down to utah lake soon. i havnt been down since august. i usually go down cattin. but it has been so cold i havnt.
Joe
[signature]
Unless the winds blowing like it was last weekend I will be down there bright and early to give it a try. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to use. I have been trying to get my first white bass for a couple of years now and I just can't seem to figure those fish out. I would also like to hook into some walleyes.
[signature]
FOR WHITE,S USE 2 OR 3 INCH MISTER TWISTERS IN WHITE GREEN AND BLACK/GREEN. EYES WILL BE ON 3 TO 4 INCH BLACK WITH GREEN TAILS FOR THE MOST PART. GOOD LUCK
[signature]
I am familiar with the area close to Lindon but I have never been down to Lindon boat harbor is it hard to find? Are those springs easy to locate? Is it better to fish from shore or get out there in the old tube? I have caught plenty of white bass but I have never caught an eye before I would love to have caught one. Thanks for the help.
I may head out there monday morning.
jed
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The crosseyed one gave you some good info on sizes and colors for plastics. Both whites and walleyes will also hit small spinners and other lures. I have taken a lot of both on big fly patterns, "dropshotted" above a sinker and bounced above the bottom.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The regulars often just chuck and chance it with a worm or piece of fish meat, on dropper hooks above a sinker, or a couple of feet below a bobber to keep it out of the rocks. That will catch cats, walleyes and white bass.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]To really have the best chance, and to get away from the shore mob, a float tube or small boat is the way to go. The key is to find the fish. That can be harder than it sounds. They are not everywhere and sometimes they will be holding only in one small channel in the bottom contour. Without sonar and without a delicate touch, you will miss finding the fish and will miss a lot of strikes when you are in the right zone.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Most people can catch the whites, when they are in and active. A few people catch big walleyes, as much by accident as by design. Even the "experts" have bad days, but when the fish are in, you can put your money on the most knowledgeable. They will usually scare up a fish or two, even when nobody else gets a bite.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Walleye fishing is like golf, and many other things. You can learn the basics very quickly, but you can spend the rest of your life refining your knowledge and techniques. Don't be discouraged if you don't catch them regularly, or if you have never caught one at all. They can be tough. And, just when you think you have them figured out, they will serve up a large dose of humility. Kinda like girls. (sorry ladies. I'm married so I can get away with that).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The best suggestion I have for anyone who has never scored on walleyes...or whites...is to talk your way into a trip with someone who knows them well. You will learn more in a few hours than you could ever learn in a lifetime of trying on your own.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
AYMEN, FIND A WALLEYE GUY TO SHARE. I FISHED FOR EYES 5 YRS BEFORE I CAUGHT MY FIRST. AT DEER CREEK. IT IS STILL ON MY SONS WALL TODAY. THAT FIRST EYE TAUGHT ME ALOT ABOUT WHAT A BITE FELT LIKE FROM A EYE. BUT AFTER CHASSING SHARPTOOTH YOU MAY NEVER WANT TO FISH TROUT AGAIN. THEY ARE VERY ADDICTING. AND THEY EAT SO MUTCH BETTER THAN SLIMERS. THE THUMP THUMP THUMP OF A BIG HEN IS THE KILLER. THATS HOW EYES CONVERT TROUT FISHERMEN. THAT THUMP THUMP THUMP. OYA BE THER SUNDAY. CROSSINEYE
[signature]
Thanks guys. I don't have sonar but I do have a float tube. Maybe I will see you down there in the morning.
[signature]
thank you all for all of the advice. i hope to get an eye this fall, or this upcomming spring.
joe
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There are a lot of places you can launch a tube. I will be to the west of most of the activity (the springs). Look for a big dude in an Outcast Super Fat Cat, with five rods in a rack, a fish basket and sonar. Hopefully the basket will be occupied by something other than lake water.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The really good news is that typically the walleye fishing just gets better and better for the next couple of months.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
fished lincoln friday 7am-3pm.....slow for now..no signs of baby white bass...but i did catch 2 channel cats and 1 walleye....there was a few people that also caught 1 or 2 each...didnt really bother walking to talk to them but i did see them walking up to shore with a striger of fishes
[signature]