Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome, Read First, Information about this board
[size 2][size 2][center][black][size 1]BigFishTackle.Com encourages Catch and Release![/size][/black]
BigFishTackle.Com Members have [#ff0000]153 [/#ff0000]fish species to go to have caught every recorded species of game fish in the world. Join today and help us do what no other fishing organization has done before.[/center][/size][/size] [left][/left] [left][size 2]Welcome Anglers to the BFT Bounty Board,
[/size][/left] [left][size 2]In an effort to accomplish something that has never been done by ANY fishing organization that we know of (and for the fun of it). [/size][/left]
[size 2][/size]
[size 2]*= Fish that no current record resides for but was added to this board. [left]
[/size]
[size 2]Here at BigFishTackle.Com we are going to attempt (with your help) to verify (every photo must have the BigFishTackle.Com logo somewhere in the photo) and catch EVERY SPECIES OF SPORTS FISH IN THE WORLD. Sports fish are defined as fish that there are currently records kept for. [/size][size 2]

In order for us as an angling community to do this we are requesting photos be posted in this board under the appropriate "Fish name Title" with the BigFishTackle.Com logo in the photo. For users who do not have a BigFishTackle.Com logo item to take with your picture you will simple need to use the "Private Message" feature (this requires that you are a member, its free and only takes a moment to sign up) in this message board to request your free patch and sticker (as supplies are available). Please send "Private Messages" to "theangler" (be sure your address is enclosed in the private message or has been entered in your profile).

Now, as an incentive to help with this fun and exciting undertaking, we will be seeking sponsors for each species of fish and at the end of each calendar year for every species that has a sponsor we will be rewarding prizes for the best photograph of that year (selected by the sponsor or BFT if the sponsor prefers). As sponsors come on board we will be identifying them in the post title by the species for that post. Prizes will be determined by the sponsor and winners and prizes will be listed on the appropriate post each year.

Because photos will be judged by mostly the overall appearance of the photo it is NOT necessary to include any measurement devices in the photographs (it is actually better if you don't).

To submit a photo, simple hit reply under the main thread of the fish title you are submitting a photo for. We ask that you supply as much information about the photograph as you can in your post but it is not necessary and will not effect judging of the photo if you don't. Please ONLY SUBMIT PHOTOS WITH THE BigFishTackle.Com logo somewhere in the photo (no retouching of photo's to add the logo). An example of the information you could supply would be where you caught the fish, when you caught it, and what you caught it on.

This is a new board we are starting so they will be changes to these guidelines and you can check back at this post to keep updated.
Note: In an effort to show examples of how this board will work we are including photos we have in our archives of anglers with fish and their BFT logo's. If you see your photo here and wish to submit it, please let us know and we will remove our submission so that you may submit it under your username.

[size 2]
PLEASE NOTE: You may have to search these boards a bit to find the fish species post you are looking for because posts are listed in the order of the last submission, not alphabetically. Also if you do not see a fish listed here it will be because there is not currently a International record for that fish. If you would like to propose a fish be added please contact theangler via private message.[/size] [/size]
[size 2][/size]
[size 2]PLEASE TRY TO LIMIT PHOTOS TO NO LARGER THAN 450 PIXELS WIDE. [/size]
[size 2][/size]
[size 2]SIDE POT BOUNTY: BigFishTackle.Com is also offering a side pot bounty for any species listed that does not have an example or a submission and if you are the first person to submit that species. Prize will be determined by what promotional items are aviable but we will try to make it the best possible prize.

Please read the picture release below and be advised that all pictures posted by you are subject to the below release.[/size]
[/left]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hi there theangler,

Really cool idea. I will contribute sportfish species of Japan when the time is right. I have lots of reference books on them as well as my own work.

There are lots of fish species in Japan that are unique to Japan and not in other parts of the Pacific Ocean and or Asia.

Looking forward to this boards growth.

JapanRon

This should really be fun.
[signature]
Looks like this is going to be a great board. Looking forward to it!![cool] Great Idea!
[signature]
It looks like a good deal. I'm looking forward to it once it is all in tact.
[signature]
PS..... How soon before we can start posting our own pics under the appropriate heading????

Are you going to count any of the Crustaceans as well????
[signature]
Hello Guys,
Yes this should be lot of fun. We already have a few sponsors and the goal is to get onE for every fish!

You can start posting under headings that are up anytime. We just want to make sure we don't add any duplicates on the intail fish species post.

Our thought is that we would start with all game fish that there is currently a record for because we are working on putting something together for fish species were a record is broken.

We are trying to get the first phase (all the fish entered) by this weekend and after that we can start working on ways to improve the program.

I think everyone will be suprised how close we are with the pictures we already have.
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
this is pretty cool I have a bunch of pictures of different east coast (NJ) and gulf coast (TEXAS) fish and a few freshwater pics I just posted a striper from last spring I'm hoping to get a bigger one this fall when they start running
[signature]
This one's gonna be a blast! I suppose that if it's "all fish that currently have recorded records" then that opens up a lot of the "rough fish" or, as the MN DNR has aptly named them, "under-utilized fish", including that beautiful yellow bullhead.
[signature]
This sounds like an attempt to gain entry to the Gunises Book of World Records...[Wink] Is this an oficial attempt?

Good luck every one..... and please hurry!!!!
[signature]
[size 2]Hello Dave,
Funny you should say that.

There is actually no record of this nature but they do have records for organizations and we did submit a request at thier site for review for having this added. We should know in about 3 weeks whether they will sanction this type of a record?[/size]
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I like Guinness[Image: guinn.gif]
[signature]
they got to do something to stay in business, they are adding new records of new accomplishments every year. What a way to resell the same book year after year...LOL

Wonder if they would advertise here[angelic]

this sounds like a good entry for a single person as well. being able to prove catching every species of game fish, at least highest number of game fish.
[signature]
We're not talkin' alcohol my friend. [Tongue]

If this is accepted as a world record by Guiness, does everybody that's registered and adds to the collection get their name in the book also?
[signature]
hmmmm...i dont see nothin about the coelacanth[Tongue].

nah but seriously though...its my life goal to catch this fish...if i ever catch it when i take the trip to try to catch it (in which im spending 3 straight months focusing on nothing but this fish) ill be sure to post it on here just incase you all change your minds at that point.[Tongue] ~it will be strictly CATCH & RELEASE~ prolly not even gonna be able to take it out of the water

sorry to say its only but a dream to ever catch this fish...id prolly have better luck hitting the lottery.[crazy]

anywayz good luck with catching them all...ill try to help out as best as i can with a few[cool]
[signature]
hey Angler - i didn't see a listing for the Mangrove (gray) Snapper... or the Sheepshead...
[signature]
Hello Guys, Great looking out! I'll add both those fish. We thought we had'em all.
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hey Bro. It looks like we are missing the Pacific Barracuda, the California Sheepshead, California Scorpionfish,Barred Sandbass, Spotted Bay Bass, and many more from the Pacific Coast. You were here! You been here, done that!![cool][Smile]
[signature]
JUST A TIP: maybe add this to the original post, If you want to find a fish species just do a search then put the fish species into the bow for "Search String" and if it is listed it will come up.

P.S. I got the BFT T-shirt so I'll do my part.
[signature]