Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cocoa Beach Report
8/22/2002 Flats fishing report for the Banana Rivers. By Capt Doug Blanton<br>Fishing has been on and off for the past few weeks. When it is on, you can count on redfish up to 45 inches. Many of these fish have been willing to hit top water plugs such as 3 1/4 inch Florida Special Rip Roller worked very slowly. Most of these fish have been in small schools of 3 to 20 fish and moving slowly on the outer edge of the flats. When these fish are unwilling to take top water we have teased a few with Rainbow Trout Reel Magic. Bright colors have been working best such as chartreuse or rainbow trout.<br>Trout fishing has been very slow in the Banana River. Most of the trout we have caught have been under 15 inches. Now that we are past this months full moon and the water temperature should begin to fall soon the larger trout we start to become more active.<br>Colorado trout fishing. This past week I had a chance to get out to Colorado for a few days to get a line wet. I found a great guide that put me on some nice brooks and browns. This was my first trip out west and it was one I will remember for years to come. We caught browns up to 20 inches and saw some big boys in the 30 inch range. This ways a different experience for someone who spends all their time casting an 8# with 2/0 flies at reds. So if you are looking for a guide to show you a great time in Colorado give Greg Cunningham a call at 303-369-8839. <br>Till next time, Capt. Doug<br><br>No-motor Zone<br>As of 8/19/02 This past week fishing has been great. We have been catching<br>most fish with topwater action. Redfish have been averaging 27 to 32 inches.<br>Trout have mostly been under 18 inches which at times will hit on every cast<br>along with Ladyfish and Jacks has made for some busy fishing. Large Redfish<br>some I've seen pushing 60 inches and are schooled up and very spooky mixed<br>with tailing Blackdrum some have been the biggest I have seen on the flats.<br>In short the fish are goin off book a trip for some bet rod action<br><br><br><br>See you on the water<br>Capt. Doug Blanton<br>Indian River Adventures<br>321-432-9470