Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baysportin' Lake Mead Sept 25th, 2004
[left]Met up with 'Baysport' and 'Capt Don' on Saturday after a gracious invite, They've been landing alot of fish lately so I was at the dock at 5:20 am and they were already there boat in the water waitin' for me. We headed out to net some shad, thats been a good technique lately they said. It had been a full moon, but it had set early, and we set out in the pitch black morn . . [/left]

Baysport called out navigation to me sitting next to him at the helm, as we sped along with the 135 horse merc purring, water damn near glass for about 15-20 minutes and started to seek out coves, shoreline, structure where the shad could be netted. Baysport had told me Capt. Don was the ultimate net thrower, and man he must have threw that net 500 times over the next few hrs lookin for shad, they were few and far between unfortunately, but he sure was good . . . other boats including guides were throwin nets too, nobody seemed to be getting any, well when we finally had 15 or so we started fishin . .
[center][Image: me1.jpg][/center] [center] [/center] [center]structure was 75 feet underwater now 25 feet above[/center] [center] [/center] [center] [/center] [center][Image: me2.jpg][/center] [center] [/center] [center]largest reservoir in the U.S. - down about 100 feet now[/center]

it was kinda slow but capt don got into a few stripers, then baysport got a couple nice ones, i hooked up twice but failed to boat either . . then i got a nice one in the boat, a decent 2-3 pounder, but the fish stole most of our bait, and i got one that just busted my line before my cheap reel/my stupid drag setting kicked in and i lost him, she was a nice one
[center][Image: me3.jpg][/center] [center] [/center] [center]the mysterious Mr. Baysport [shocked][/center] [center] [/center] [center] [/center] [center][Image: me4.jpg][/center] [center] [/center] [center]Capt Don with a smaller one[/center]

about 10 am a few birds starting to circle and kick up and we noticed some small mini boils, we casted sassy shad and other shad swimbaits fast and furiously, we all got lots of hits, i got a dink in the boat, but it was 2 minutes and gone, try to find em, 2 minutes and gone . . .

but we had a great time enjoying the lake and the great boat, and we were off the water by 11:15am or so with some fish for all of us and no worries and a plan to do it again sometime . .
[center][Image: me6.jpg][/center] [center] [/center] [center]again, the mysterious Mr. Baysport [shocked][Wink][shocked][/center] [center] [/center] [center][Image: me7.jpg][/center] [center] [/center] [center]me and the Baysport super fisher[/center] [center] [/center] [center] [/center] [left]sm[/left]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Looks like you boys had a real good time chasing stripers. Capt Don has a nose for fish. The Baysport is a great Lake Mead boat! Lots of room to cast and move around even with a fast and furious bite going on. I've been on that boat when you could barely walk around with all the fish flopping around on the decks.[/size][/black][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3] I knew you'd have a good time going out with those two yah-hoos.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
had a great time! They went out today too, so ill be interested to hear if they did a little better!

sm
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Hey Southernman, glad to see you out and about. I thought you might be totally book bound. Oh ya, thanks for the report.

David
[signature]
Southernman,
Nice report! The only thing mysterious about our fishing trip was how your hook ripped off your leader when your pole bent in half Smile
Nice to have you aboard.
BaySport
[signature]