Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorized Tubes & 'Toons
[cool][#0000ff]We're seeing a lot more pontoons and even some float tubes being fitted with electric trolling motors. (Wimps)[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I know in Utah you have to register any craft to which you add a motor of any type. A question that came up on the tubing board (from a Californian) was whether or not there are any requirements for insurance in Utah. Since I don't play the motorized game, I couldn't answer that one. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My guess is that it does not apply in Utah. If anybody in a powered pontoon rams a poor ski boat, I suppose you just have to suffer the liability consequences.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Anybody know for sure?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[size 1]Liability insurance is only required on personal watercraft. Personal watercraft is defined as, "...a motorboat that is: (a) less than 16 feet in length; (b) propelled by a water jet pump; and © designed to be operated by a person sitting, standing, or kneeling on the vessel, rather than sitting or standing inside the vessel." Utah Code Section 73-18-2(12) [/size]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks, Junior.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[Smile]hey tubedude i know in wyoming that if you have any motor gas or electric that you have to have it numbered with the same size of letters that you would have on a larger boat and also registered each year. that's what i have had to do because i have a 8' poontoon boat with any electric motor.
good luck fishin
trfishin
[signature]