Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gar pike
this 4th of july me and a bunch of buddies went up to the silver lake sand dunes for vacation/fishing trip.now me personally i am a bass man but they had set there mind on trying to catch northern pikes.so i was like whatever fine well ,we had fished all day and i hadnt caught crap so i decide to sit down and let my feet dangle in the water while im realing in this spoon.well out of nowhere from beneath the boat comes this giant gar pike i thought it was going for my toes so as i jumped up my rod had fallen in the water and wouldnt you know it it tagged my spoon so i dove in and grabbed my rod and started realing.and when i say it was big it was big it was 5 1/2 feet long and heavy as crap im thinking it had to be at least 50 pounds!so after 20 minutes of this thing squirming like an eel i get the hook out mind u im still on the back of the boat.and wouldnt you know i pick it up for a pic and the gar flops and i go in the water with it.now im 6'1 200 pounds and i almost crapped.they took a pic of me swimming like a crazy person back to the boat and laughed at me all the way back but then i reminded them that i just caught the biggest gar pike they had ever saw and they shutup.lol.i dont think i will ever swim there after seeing the teeth on that thing though espcially since they spawn in the shallows.
[signature]
Its been a lot of years since I fished for Pike but I remeber it as one of the most exciting freshwater fish I've ever cuaght, great story!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
LMAO great story !!!
[signature]
HAHAHA GOOD ONE BUD, LOTTA CRAP GOIN ON AIN,T THERE?? HAHA YA AND I DID BET THEY SHUT UP AFTER SAYIN THAT. HAHA COOL!
[signature]
Great Story, I've never caught a Pike before!
[signature]