Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wigglefin II report!!!!!
I usually go by 'xflyzguy' in forums and guess I would have to re-register to fix that. But you can just call me Chuck. I decided to start a new thread for the wiggle fin subject. Once upon a time I got my first order of wiggle fins and went out to try them. I decided to put one in front of one of my H.A.L. 9000 articulated leeches. I was fishing in Langlois Lake up here near Seattle. The lake is stocked with Trout every spring and is about 44 acres and 100' ft. deep in the middle. I have been fishing this lake for years and it is my little quiet test bed for everything I use. I will try and explain how well the wiggle fin worked. No I won't......you would not believe it or you would guess that I work for them in some way. I don't work for wiggle-fin and they probably don't even know I exist.
I did not use a wiggle fin when I shot my video (on my site). I had three tackle boxes stolen a week before and thought that I was cleaned out. It would have been harder to shoot the video with wiggle fins simply because I would have had too much action with fish hitting so fast it would have been ANNOYING!!!!!!
Questions:
Is the 3/4 " size too big? NO it is perfect for lures up to 3-4" and I use it on my leeches which are up to six inches long!!! I would use it on everything from wollybugger/carey specials on up.
Is the hard plastic a problem? Not in my book.
What color works best? I use the clear because I overdose on color on my xflyz etc. I say all the colors are excellent.
Do they make a bigger one? Yes they do!!!!!! 1.12" dia. model for larger worm- flies-squid-lizards whatever.
Summary:
I say that the wiggle fin is a fantastic extra weapon and they will have a permanent home in my tackle arsenal. I tried to come up with a homemade deal to mimic what they do and it was a complete waste of time. These things are very inexpensive and they are designed to do what they do perfectly.They get my HIGHEST RATING, period.
They are less than 30 cents apiece for the small 3/4", plus shipping. These might be the single most effective bang for the buck thing in fishing history someday, only time will tell. I am just diving in to the big fishing arena and want to make friends. I would not tell you that these are "the bomb" unless I know it to be a fact....I just got another shipment of the series II big ones I can't wait to try these...hang on!!!
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up. I will have to give them a try!
[signature]