Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DESENTING YOUR HUNTING CLOTHES
IT'S EASY AND INEXPENCIVE TO DO .
WASH YOUR CLOTHES THE REGULAR WAY , USE REGULAR LIQUID FABRIC SOFTNER TOO , YOU DON'T WANT YOUR CLOTHES RUSTILING WHILE YOUR HUNTING .
PUT A CUP OF BAKING SODA INTO A PAPER COFFEE FILTER AND SEAL IT UP WITH A WIRE TWIST TIE , INSERT IT INTO A PAIR OF SOCKS AND TWIST TIE THEM TOO , TOSS IT INTO THE DRYER WITH YOUR HUNTING CLOTHES .
THIS REMOVES THE PERFUMES AND WORKS FOR ME .
HOWEVER , YOUR SPOUSE MAY NOT LIKE THE IDEA . KEEP IT A SECRET AND GIVE THE DRYER A GOOD WIPE DOWN AFTER YOU DO IT . IT'LL SAVE A ARGUMENT LATER .
[signature]
two weeks before season.....

I like to take mine and pack them in a pillow case. tie it shut.

take a large plastic trash bag place a layer of hay or alphalpha on the bottom, set the stuffed pillow case in to the trash bag and place a layer of the same farm materal over the pillow case.

seal the bag.

keep this bag and take it with you to deer camp. as long as your clothes are dry you can replace them back in to the bag nightly to remove any soilage sents from sweat.

other materials that work well are dried corn husk, cut grass clippings, fall leives. try to match the material with the area you plan to hunt.

I agree with lonehunter that the more you smell like you belong the better your hunting experience will be.
[signature]
Scent free , HHHMMMMM , you'll never be scent free !! You can wash your clothes in all the scent free soap you want , put them in the woods on a hanger for weeks , tumble leaves in the dryer with your clothes , bathe with all the scent free soap for your hair , and body , then put scent free stink stopper under your arms to stop you from stinking , then you can spray all this stuff on you to make you smell like the woods or like a skunk , or like a fox peed on your leg !!! Whatever you do , it helps , but does'nt do the whole job , you'll NEVER BE scent free. Lets say you do all these things , I bet you don't brush your teeth with scent free toothpaste ? Or do you stop at the gas station to get gas and goodies , there goes your shoes (they get gas smell on them ) If you want to make these companies millionaires , then buy all these products to make you partial scent free , or smell like dog pee or a skunk ( Oh ya , there afraid of dogs , and a skunk sprays when theres danger , hhhmmm ) if anything , coon pee !! !! The main thing you have to do is HUNT THE WIND !!!! the only way they will smell you , is that when their down wind from you and you Wont be totaly scent free , so all that work is for nothing !! If you hunt the wind , and put your rubber boots ( they don't hold smell ) in a scent free bag , and put them on in the field , and take them off there to , is all you need !!
You might sometimes , make the deer think your farther away than you are , but it ussually won't make a difference on getting a shot or not. I know there are a few out there that might argue this point , but think first on all the stuff that you wear , and your body odors , and tell me all these scents are better than HUNTING THE WIND , I would like to hear it !!!!

>
[signature]