Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
media bias? lol
[left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]Two boys in Boston were playing basketball when one of them was[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]attacked by a rabid pit bull. Thinking quickly, the other boy ripped a[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]board off a near by fence, wedged it into the dog's collar and twisted it,[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]bre[/font][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]aking the dog's neck.[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]A newspaper reporter from the Boston Herald witnessed the incident[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]and rushed over to interview the boy.. The reporter began entering data into[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]his laptop, beginning with the headline: "Brave Young Celtics Fan Saves Friend[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]From Jaws[/font] [font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]Of Vicious Animal."[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]"But I'm not a Celtics fan, "the little hero interjected.[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]"Sorry," replied the reporter. "But since we're in Boston, Mass, I[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]just assumed you were." Hitting the delete key, the reporter began "John[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]Kerry Fan rescues Friend From Horri[/font][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]fic Dog Attack."[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]"But I'm not a Kerry fan either," the boy responds.[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]The reporter says, "I assumed everybody in this state was either for[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]the Celtics or Kerry or Kennedy. "What team or person do you like? "[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]"I'm a Houston Rockets fan and I really like George W.Bush" the boy says.[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]Hitting the delete key, the reporter begins again, "Arrogant Little[/font][/left] [left][font "Berlin Sans FB Demi"]Conservative Bast*** Kills Beloved Family Pet.."[/font][/left]
the lies and slant are all on fox news and limboob

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Oh please.....[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Is that why its the #1 news channel? This includes ALL cable AND major networks. Maybe you should watch Dan Rather and CBS for the real truth right? Oh, well, try CNN. They always broadcast spin free news...[/size][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You really need to be Hannitized! HA! (Edit) Hey Tony, I've got an extra ticket to go see Sean Hannity speak at UVSC on October 11th. Want to go? [/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[signature]
The liberals just like to complain about Fox simply because it is about the only media group that isn't terribly biased on the liberal side. I saw a report a couple of months ago that showed those polled in the media are over 80% liberal.
I also saw a banner ad on the main page of CNN.com, made to look like a headline, that indicated that Kerry won the debate and Bush flopped.......in very fine print it said it was paid for by the democraps.
I would love to see the republicans try to run something like that there. You know CNN wouldn't even think of allowing it.
[signature]
fox just got busted for the same thing . . so what its popular, servies like to watch their own kind, listen to the same lies over and over again . .

sean hannity - oh puke . . . go night fishing instead, rather than listen to a no brain liar like that . . man that will be an ugly crowd

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]There is no comparison to the retraction of Fox and "Memo gate" scandal that CBS tried to shove down the American peoples throat as the truth even though CBS's own people told Rather the documents were not authenticated. Even after several people close to the story and THEIR own staff told CBS news that the papers were forged, Rather still stuck to his guns, ran the story as a headliner for several days, only to ruined his and CBS's reputation. Go look at the ratings of who is watching what and how far CBS has slipped because of "Memo gate" and unbias. slanted news reporting.

The FOX misquotes were a totally different situation. Fox bellied up to the bar and IMMEDIATELY (the same day), on their own behalf, pull the story, admitting it was bad information. If only Dan Rather and CBS would of been so fair about it instead of trying to shove forged documents down our throats as the truth they might have kept their reputation of reporting the news as credible.

The real question is who fed those documents to CBS? All fingers point to the DNC and the Kerry camp. Who knows?Amazing what some folks will do to influence and win an election. Politics can be such a dirty game.

When having the choice between Sean Hannity and Michael Moore and who is telling the American people a closer version of truth, I'll take Hannity any day. I'll bet you really think 'Fahrenheit 911' is a real documentary too?

I doubt there will be an "ugly crowd" at Hannity engagement. He's not speaking at the Democratic National Convention. Actually, I liked to see Moore talk. I like hearing different view points even if I may not necassarily agree with the points being expressed. I'd also like to see the crowd at Moore's engagement at UVSC. I doubt it will be ugly but it should be pretty interesting too.

Heres my question to you, Tony. You seem to be calling all these people and organizations bunch of liars. Who, in your modest opinion, is telling the real truth? A small list is sufficient. I'm truly interested to see whom you feel is giving us the "straight scoop". Tightlines, my friend.
[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Typical liberal attitude....Hannity actually tells the truth, it's just too bad some people cannot accept it. Kerry is a liar (just look at his faked purple hearts...ooooh, look I got a scratch, give me a stinking medal), Rather is a liar, Clinton is a liar, Gore is a liar....the list goes on and on. I'm not saying I don't dislike them because they are liberal, or because they are democrats...I don't lke them because of their deception and lies to the American peopel. I happen to like what Jim Matheson does in this state. Heck I even have some liberal views myself, but when it comes down to America's core beliefs, and my love of guns and the outdoors, conservative is the only way to go. Just my 2 cents anyways.

Whatever you believe, just get out and vote.
[signature]
i know its not the swiftboat liars, or the o'reilly funkter, thats fer sure . . its amazing that anyone can say with a straight face that fox is a news organization, its pure republican propoganda entertainment

we need some real problems solved, not just more republican crap, all they say is tax cuts, tax cuts, while the defecit and debt explode, that few hundred bucks aint gonna help when your business shuts down, thats another fallacy, business always does better under democrat control, republicans never seem to help small business, which employs 80% of the poeple in this country, they only seem to help their multinational corporation buddies with no bid contracts . .oh cmon, america is up for sale to the highest bidder with bush and cheney!

the war is a bust, bush thinks he knows more than his generals, they scammed our parents and grandparents with that bs medicare card which was just a huge 40 billion dollar payout to their drug company buddies, they've rolled back every environmental protection thats been enacted for 20 yrs, they 've opened up wilderness to environmental rapists, bush took the balanced budget clinton gave them and turned it into a huge deficit, cut back student loans, ect , ect

more stats:

For example, there are now about as many temporary, on-call or contract workers in the United States as there are members of labor unions. Another sign: Of the 2.7 million jobs lost during and after the recession in 2001, the vast majority have been restructured out of existence, according to a study by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York

In 2002, the top 20 percent of households for the first time raked in more than half of all income, while the share earned by those in the middle was the lowest in nearly 50 years.

It's obvious that reps and dems see the world from two completely different perspectives, and the gap is growing wider, and thats prob not good for america, the lies that both sides put out dont help anything, it just fuels the fire. Its too bad that we cant just get the facts anymore, without the spin.

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You're killing me, Tony![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The swift boat veterans are a 527 group that pays for their adds and is not afiliated with any news organization. It's funded by a texan and have contributions of a little over $200,000 and as long as were talking about 527 groups, who donates to 527 groups? By and large, Democrats contribute approx. 78% to all 527 groups with George Soros, a liberal democrat who said he would sacrifice his entire fortune to help the president not be re-elected, contributing millions to these groups. You so easily speak of the swift boat veterans for truth as a bunch of liars but you don't say a word of one liberal group as pitching the spin. Let's try moveon.org for starters. I can list all the 527 groups and who is behind them and all the contributions that have been made. They are part of public record. Here's a link to [url "http://www.opensecrets.org/527s/527indivs.asp?cycle=2004"]the top contributors of all 527 groups[/url].[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]As I recall, the president denouced ALL 527 add propaganda and asked that it stop. Did Kerry do the right thing and join him in asking all 527 groups to stop their blasts on the candidates? No but he and the DNC was trying to silience the swiftboat vets by calling all major networks to silience their freedom of speech while letting other 527 groups spew out their garbage.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]MY friend, As much as I would love to debate you on all the political issues you have rambled off, your original complaint was the media bias. As with most emotional liberals, you are going off on a tangent and not staying on track to what the original issue we were discussing. Can you please answer my original question:[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Who is feeding us the truth? A small list is appreciated and let me go read it and decide for myself. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Tony, you're a great american. You are truely compasionate about our country and wanting to make it a safer and better place for all of us to live. On November 2, we'll see who America picks to lead us through the next four years. Which ever candidate becomes elected, I hope America will come together, dispite our political difference and make it a better place for all of us. [/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
hello southernman...

I take it by your fair and balanced views that you're a true "yellow dog democrat"... your thoughts are interesting-

a few obsevations:
[size 1]"[#ff0000]It's obvious that reps and dems see the world from two completely different perspectives, and the gap is growing wider[/#ff0000]" [/size][black][size 2]this is becoming oh so evident especially when you see the world through the eyes of democratic leaders such as Al Sharpton, Maxine Waters, Charlie Rangel and the three most liberal politicians to ever hold office - Teddy Kennedy, Johnny Edwards and the of course Johnny Kerry. (I'll take a clean-cut Hannity over a slovenly Michael Moore any day)[/size][/black]
[size 1][/size]
[#ff0000][size 1]"that few hundred bucks aint gonna help when your business shuts down" [black][size 2]I'm more that sure that you continue to send your tax refunds back... but don't feel too bad if the rest of us aren't as confident as you that the government knows better than we as to what to do with our money...It's not that we are under taxed but the we are over spent.[/size][/black][/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 1]"i know its not the swiftboat liars". [black][size 2]I'm at a loss as to how anyone can accept the word of one demonstrated "exaggerator" over that of 160 decorated veterans-I'm sure that even you couldn't get over 160 of your closest friends to lie together, but you feel that Swift-boaters can... interesting[/size][/black][/size][/#ff0000]

No one group has the corner on the truth or all the answers for that matter... but I do feel sorry for the nation when I read words like yours and know that you'll most likely vote.
[signature]
you use all the catch conservative words, good job, keep on listening to the conservative liers

we're over taxed and overspent !

its so obvious since none of the swifties were there they are only pissed about his congressional hearing testimony, thats the real issue, as their latest commercials have shown

lets stop the lies and get bush outta there! hopefully we can have 20 straight years at least of democratic control

sm
[signature]
thanks for demonstrating your own brand of the "Liberal tolerance" that we've all heard so much about...
try the associate press or reuters . .

[font "Arial"] the Bush administration's plan announced in July to eliminate the Clinton-era "roadless rule" that limits construction in national forests by curbing access to about 58.5million acres of untamed lands.
[/font]
[font "Arial"]and this:[/font]
[font "Arial"][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 1][font "Verdana"]White House Puts the West on Fast Track for Oil, Gas Drilling [/font][/size][/font]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=154738#154738"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=154738#154738[/url]

how about iraq ? how about colin powell, bush's sec of state:

Secretary of State Colin L. Powell said yesterday that the insurgency in Iraq is getting worse and that the U.S. occupation there has increased anti-American sentiment in Muslim countries...

He acknowledged that "yes, it's getting worse, and the reason it's getting worse is that they are determined to disrupt the elections."
But he rejected the notion, put forward recently by Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, that it would be sufficient to hold elections in most, but not all, of Iraq.

bush's administration cant even keep it straight amongst themselves! oh what a mess!

[url "http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52400-2004Sep26.html"]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52400-2004Sep26.html[/url]

kerry is for tax cuts except for the most wealthy...

[url "http://www.nytimes.com/top/news/washington/campaign2004/candidates/johnfkerry/index.html?inline=nyt-per-pol"]Senator John Kerry[/url], their party's presidential nominee, has said he supports extension of the tax reductions, though he would roll back Mr. Bush's tax cuts for the top 2 percent of income earners, families with annual incomes above $200,000.

[url "http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/23/politics/23tax.html?ex=1096948800&en=7c99e0a21389cf07&ei=5070&oref=login&th"]http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/23/politics/23tax.html?ex=1096948800&en=7c99e0a21389cf07&ei=5070&oref=login&th[/url]

how bout the budget!

[size 3]Vowing to be a good steward of the public's money, President Bush sent to Capitol Hill Monday a $2.2 trillion 2004 budget that calls for hundreds of billions in tax cuts and shows a record federal deficit of $304 billion.[/size]

"I think this budget is breathtaking in its lack of fiscal responsibility," said Sen. Kent Conrad, the top Democrat on the Senate Budget Committee. "This president's plan is plunging us deep into deficit, deep into debt."

[url "http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/02/03/bush.budget/"]http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/02/03/bush.budget/[/url]

bush is a nut, lets vote hm out !

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Well, at least you’ve got one thing right. The swifties are pissed at Kerry for his, some would call treasonous, testimonies where he call thousands of Vietnam veterans war criminals and where he even admitted to taking part in war crimes. I think men who served their country have a right to be mad over his testimonies. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]It goes much deeper than that though. They are also mad about Kerry’s meetings with the North Vietnamese, our enemies at the times, in France, without our government’s authorization. Some people consider that treasonous in its self. Secret meetings with enemy combatants during a time of war?[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]How about Kerry’s attendance of anti war meetings where the discussion of assonating U.S. senators was discussed? Kerry had long maintained that he did not attend the 1971 meeting of Vietnam Veterans against the War in Kansas City, Mo., where the assassination of U.S. senators was discussed. Kerry campaign spokesman David Wade said, "Kerry was not at the Kansas City meeting." Later, FBI files showed Kerry was at the meeting. Now Kerry admits he was there. I can see how some distain by swifties could be generated.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]And let’s not forget one of Kerry’s biggest lies of his 1968 Christmas eve in Cambodia that he later retracted. He tried to make a point that we did have soldiers in Cambodia when our government said there were no military activities taking place but was caught in his deception and admits he lied.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Let’s take a look at our prestigious senator’s long standing record of support the military and intelligence agencies. He says now we need to strengthen our military and intelligence but go check his record. He voted against nearly every weapon’s system now being used today in our military. He authored a bill that wanted to cut intelligence funding by 90%! Not even his liberal co-hearts could support him. In 18 years, his record is lack luster and against every promise his campaign is saying they will sign up to now. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Why are these veterans pissed? It’s pretty easy to see. These aren’t lies, Tony. This is all on public record and easily attainable so don’t blow it off as lies. Open your eyes and quit being a pawn.[/size]
[/black][/font]
[signature]
nobody should care what happened 35 yrs ago, but:

he went to vietnam, came back a hero, and then did what he thought he could to stop an illegal war ran by the republican thugs nixon and agnew, both disgraced from office

yah france, where the peace treaty was signed, ya gotta meet with them before a cease fire can be enacted . .

camobdia, kansas city, who cares! and what republican pork was attached to those bills he voted against ??? its never about one thing . ..

id like to hear from somebody thats actually Undecided to hear what they think, and what they think is important . . i know you aint convincing me and vice versa . .

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Well at least we agree on somethings. We'll never convince each other of our politics and fishing rocks... Later my liberal friend. LOL!
[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]

Isn't it funny when liberals say things like "you use all the catch conservative words, good job, keep on listening to the conservative liars". In reality that is exactly what they are doing, repeating their own liberal catch words and lies. Myself, I'm a conservative, neither Dem. nor Rep. I vote for the candidate whose view point is similar to mine. Years ago that was the demarcates but in recent times the republicans come closer to fitting the bill in most cases. If people would just look at the facts instead of trying to put a slant on every issue things would be simple. Years ago I did not notice as much bias in the news but today the only channel that is even close to being fair is Fox. Talking about years ago, was there ever talk radio like they have today, how about that Sean Hannity is he great or what? One issue that has me concerned, Kerry trying to portray himself as some kind of a sportsman. I would not be surprised if he would try giving away our right to bare arms if he was elected( heaven forbid).
[signature]
THIS JUST IN . . .

Fox News Channel admits reporter posted fake story about Kerry

[font "Arial"][black][size 3]WASHINGTON (AFP) - An official at Fox News Channel said that one of its political reporters has been disciplined for posting a fake news item on its website about Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry.

Paul Schur, a spokesman for the network, said Fox's chief political correspondent Carl Cameron had been disciplined for posting an item on FoxNews.com that included several made-up quotes attributed to Kerry.

"Carl has been reprimanded," Schur said Sunday, defining further comment.

The article alleged to cover a post-debate rally by Kerry at which the Massachusetts senator was purported to gush over his "metrosexual" appearance.

"Didn't my nails and cuticles look great? What a good debate!" the article by the Cameron read, purportedly quoting Kerry after the event.

"Women should like me! I do manicures," the story also quotes Kerry as telling the crowd.

The article also has the Democratic candidate contrasting himself to US President George W. Bush

"I'm metrosexual -- he's a cowboy," Cameron quoted Kerry as saying.

Officials for Fox, which has been criticized for being biased towards Bush's Republican party, decline to explain how the spoof article ended up on the network's website.

A statement by Fox on the website Sunday apologized for the article, saying it was a joke.

"Foxnews.com erred ... on Friday, posting an item purporting to contain quotes attributable to Kerry," the statement read.

"The item was based on a reporters partial script that had been written in jest and should not have been posted or broadcast. Foxnews.com also regrets that error, which occurred because of fatigue and bad judgment, not malice."

US media quoted a statement by the Kerry campaign's spokesman, Phil Singer, saying Fox was right to own up to the gaffe.

"Fox is doing the right thing by admitting its mistake and correcting the record," Singer told the New York Times in an article published Sunday.

"George Bush would be well-served to heed the lesson and admit to his own mistakes," Singer said.
[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
What cracks me up is the whole partisan thing going on here.

REPUBLICANS SUCK!
DEMOCRATS SUCK!

Neither Kerry or Bush is worth voting for. I got news for you, they are bolth liars.

Comparing who is a bigger liar, or who is more corrupt is quite possibly insane.

People realize this, so whats the next step? Go partisan.

I would dare say that if you want your opinion to count, put out what about the canidates plan you like, not what you dislike about the other guy.
Oh what? Its more fun to sit here and bash the other as if to say "well my guys not as bad as yours."

But what I have yet to see is anyone here display a reason to vote one way. All I see is reasons to vote the other way.

Thats the same crap you get from all the partisans. All the media spin does the same thing.

A thinking person watched the debates, saw the canidates, listened to thier plans for americas future, and made positive points on bolth sides.

I was impressed by bolth canidates during the first debate. I was also dissapointed by bolth.

Sorry though BLM hannity is an idiot. Hes right up there with al franken, lars larsen, and moore. Sorry southernman, but while I am not impressed with bill o'riley, I do believe he is, of all the radio guys, the most fair simply because you cannot go on his show and spin patrisan rehtoric. You have to have facts to back up your statements or he shuts you down. Yes, hes a partisan, but at least he sticks up for bolth sides.
Unlike lars or hannity who's shows thrive on single minded, one sided, partisan bull with no proof required to back up your position.

But either way, the guy who comes out ahead is the guy who doesnt buy into partisan spin from either side, gives bolth canidates credit, and can see through the partisan crap.
[signature]
wow, i posted this a couple days ago cause i got a good chuckle out of it. Didn't realize what a can of worms it would open.
I guess it shows how divided this country really is. It's pretty Sad too. It was not that long ago that we were all so united. I remember seeing flags on at least half of the vehicles on the roads a short time ago, now i see very few. What happened??

I personally believe there is a strong bias on all the major networks. I try really hard to NOT 'buy into' either the republican or democratic side. I do know that on CNN, ABC, CBS (recent events are very demonstrative), NBC, etc are definitely pushing the Democratic ticket. In my opinion, note...i said my opinion....i have a hard time watching any of them, tho i am quite the news junkie.
They talked about Moore and that woman who wrote the book about the Bush family constantly. yet none of them gave virtually any air time to the swift boat guys. Hey if the Swifties are full of crap why bury what they had to say?? Why not give them an equal say?? Do they think we are not intelligent enough to examine what people of varying opinions have to say and not come to a valid conclusion on our own?
There are a group of people out there that wants to make us....THE United States of America..cease to exist! I wish we were as united as a people like we were..say on sept 12, 2001.. or Dec 8th, 1941 and could get OVER dem vs rep vs whatever and unite.
Sad to say but it would seem too many people in powerful places are more consummed with retaining or obtaining power, than they are with the well-being of our once great country.
[signature]