Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote On Off Switch For Trolling Motor

On my toon the motor is right behind my seat and is difficult to turn off and on. Sometimes when I hook a fish and try to turn the motor off I hit reverse. Must be funny for for the people watching me going in circles while trying to reel in a fish[blush]. Attached are pics of the switch and battery hook up.
[signature]
another way to make it easier is to mount your trolling motor in front of you instead of behind you,
jed
[signature]
That's a good idea. I've also heard of people putting a dimmer swith inline, so they can control their speed without turning around. I haven't bothered to do that yet though.
[signature]
Interesting,

I never considered how one might use an AC dimmer switch on a DC system. I usually think of a dimmer switch as on an AC wall light switch. They must have DC dimmer switchs for lites or variable speed devices too.

Cool idea,

JapanRon
[signature]
They do make DC potentiometers which work just like the AC Rheostat(dimmer). The DC version is not available at the DIY stores but if you have an industrial supply around like Graingers, or McMaster Carr, then you are in luck to find something more compatible with your device.
[signature]
Coldfooter has a nice little setup for his Tube/motor with an on off switch mounted in front of him. If you PM him I'm sure he will give you the scoop. Heres a pic of his rig.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6582;]
[signature]
Hi there TubeN2,

As always ....... thank you. There's a pretty good electonics house down between Newport and Huntington beach way that I got my 9K LED's for my port/starbor/running lite setup. I'll hit them up.

again thanks ... a hunting I will go .. a hunting I will go!

JapanRon
[signature]