Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Granby Report 10-01
I had the great pleasure of fishing Granby Friday with DoninDenver "AKA: McGiver, the trolling motor repair man". It was my first time on the lake and it is defiently a beuty!

The day was a bit cold but not bad, the fishing was good but nothing real big. We were fishing for Macs with Don landing the big fish for the day (around 5 pounds). Our total was 6, (1) on a pink and silver jigging, (2) on a white jig over the bottom, and three towards the top on a blue and silver Kastmaster.

Hope you had some great luck Saturday and thanks again for a great day fishing Don!!!!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Thanks Mike!

I just logged on to do a report on our trip and found you had beaten me to it. It was a lot of fun. Hope we can do it again soon.

I saw today that the DOW has formally closed Columbine Bay where we were fishing. There are lots of other spots in Granby holding macks, too. I was surprised that they were up as shallow as we found them (16'-18').
[signature]
Sounds like you had a good trip! I don't really get fishing macks until the winter, then I fish reudi, blue mesa, and taylor
[signature]
I'm trying to learn more about catching them consistently all year. I'd really like to spend some time at Blue Mesa and Flaming Gorge this winter. Hope I can get both places!
[signature]
Don congrats on the five pounder, thats excellent for Granby. Whats the story with Columbine bay it doesn't make much sense to close down the whole bay, most of the kokes are going to running near shore so boating should at least be permitted. Did you guys hear about any big boys coming out of Granby lately?
[signature]
Oats-

I was up at Granby with The Angler and he talked to a couple of guys at the ramp who claimed to have taken a 26 lb. fish last Thursday. I had seen those guys up in Columbine Bay for a short time Friday morning then they left and I next saw them out trolling the main lake. I think they told The Angler they took their big fish trolling. If it's true, it's the biggest fish I've heard of coming from Granby in years. Guess I'm a little skeptical.

As far as the Columbine closure, with the water so low, that bay is not very wide anywhere. We caught macks in 16' of water within 20' of the bank and that was waaaay up Columbine where water depth was only about 18' in the middle. Why close it though? Why not just make it catch & release for the kokanee?
[signature]