Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurora Res.
I fished there yesterday afternoon for about four hours and it was pretty slow. No trout and one smallie. We switched over to slip bobbers and minnows and ended up keeping about a dozen decent perch.[Smile]

I was going to go up to Spinney yesterday, but I decided to stay close to home and watch some football also! May head over there again this afternoon for some more perch?
[signature]
We probably should of waited an extra week to break you in that year! LOL.

I used to never worry about the ice until my son started fishing with me! Of course I was used to fishing over two feet of ice at 11-Mile!

I am hoping for a really cold winter, so we can goto Aurora alot! The perch fishing should be excellent if we get decent ice?
[signature]
Yeah I know what you mean. Last week I had a ranger at Quincy take my license out of it's plastic sheath and examine my license? I guess he thought I was counterfitter?

I took the bike path around to the big point we ice fish off, where marina cove and Senac meet. The water is up into the grass and baby cottonwoods, so you have to cast past the dropoff and weedbed. Eight feet deep seemed to be the magic level yesterday. They were all about 8-9 inchs. Takes alot of them for a fish fry, but it is worth it!

I saw a massive school of small perch in one of the coves!
[signature]
That sucks about those rangers harassing you. Technically only the CDOW has jurisdiction over fishing regulations. Maybe you should tell them that next time they act like your some kind of criminal. That will irritate them.

Tyler
[signature]
Oh well as long as you get tasty perch it doesn't matter if they are only 8-9"

This ice season I want to icefish rifle gap for some perch in the morning, then maybe head over to my secret hole in the colorado river that stays open all year in the afternoon.

What kind of stuff do you guys use for the perch in colorado?
[signature]