Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10/2 trip on the roaring fork
On saturday on the roaring fork river I got 20 browns and 11 rainbows. 16 of the browns were in one hole, and they were all large- between 16-21 inches in length!!! All fish were caught and released save 1 17 1/4" hook jaw male brown for dinner!
[signature]
Sounds like a great day!! What did you take them on? Wading or floating?
[signature]
Let me guess night crawlers!
[signature]
Nope not nightcrawlers. CC shads and also curly tail grubs, but I caught most of them on senkos, the 3" worm colored one and the 3" dark green were the most effective. Texas rigged and carolina rig both worked well!

I float for them in my personal pontoon boat but then I get out at the good holes.
[signature]
Seriously? They were taking the Senko?

The crankbaits and jigs are not a surprise, but i have never heard of anyone using Seno's for trout. How were you using them? Were they picking them up on the drift or as they fell?
[signature]
I was carolina and wacky rigging them (depended on the hole) and then I would either bounce it or swirl it. They like the senko pretty good
[signature]
I'm just giveing TFB a hard time, I know him from another board. I told you, you should take up fly-fishing I'll teach ya, this way you won't have to worry about all those dirty fingers.
[signature]