Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon River 10/8
[blush]The Salmon River continues to have a fair amount of fresh fish moving steadily up the river. There are still plenty of fish at the estuary and river mouth although the morning bite has been short, by 8:00am it's over. Only a few boats have been working the area(including me)and are getting 3-4 hits, landing an average of 2 fish per trip. I've been finishing my trips off the bank up river from mid morning until noon. We've been having good action most days, but light line(10lb florocarbon) has been the key in getting more hits. So landing them has been pretty tough but if you can keep up to them you stand a better chance. The boats floating the upper river are doing well working the redds and also finding some fresh fish showing up daily. All in all the river is good for the guys willing to put a the effort in, and cover some area. And I would say it's improving gradually everyday. Some rain would help move the bulk of the fish out of the estuary and the river would really heat up. The water line says-335cfs until mid night friday Oct. 15, so no, the water is not going up this weekend. The river is going to have plenty of salmon throughout Oct. and into Nov.. I've seen several dozen steelies and browns taken the last few days from the mid river area. We have tied into several ourselves but have yet to land any. It's better to have one on and had a chance than not to have had one on at all.
good luck
gottem out
[signature]