Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry (10-9-04)
Fished strawberry today from 7:00am-5:30pm with HA69 and Bugln4Bulls. The water was calm untill 12:00 and then the wind blew just a little but it never did get too bad. Bugln4Bulls caught two cutts in the first five minutes of having the boat in the water. I thought that was a sign that we where going to have an excellent day but the fish turned out to be a little tougher to come by. We wanted to do some jigging but we could not find any large schools of fish except one school just out side the marina when we first launched that we decided not to fish (bad mistake). We caught fish all day long trolling various lures but never got into any fast action except for one triple hook-up. We ended up landing about 27 cutts and 3 bows with Bugln4Bulls catching half of them. HA69 ended up with the prize of the day catching and released a 21" rainbow that weighted about 4-5 pounds.
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Mike, and nice 'bow, HA69! He must have fought pretty hard, a nice fat bow like that!
[signature]
Great report and awesome pics. Not bad for a day on the pond.
[signature]
We are so lucky, no where else in the country can we have a 30 fish day for 3 guys and say it is a day where "Fish turned out to be a little tougher to come by"
[signature]
Well this year has been the year for the rainbows at Strawberry for me . Bite was slow but still a good trip .
[signature]
Let's see a picture of that 4to 5 pound bow.
[signature]
The first picture is the (estimated)4-5lb bow. That bow was a football.
[signature]
My guess on weight would be around 3 pounds . 5 pounder would be about 24" to 27" from what I have weighed before .
[signature]
As always, a good report MGB. Thanks for sharing, and good luck on your next trip.
[signature]
Cool Runnings Smile Better to err on the side of overestimation [url "javascript: top.editor_iframe.addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]
[signature]
I think the bow was 4 pounds. I asked HA69 if he wanted to weight it but he choose not to and put it back in the water.
[signature]
MGB
Sounds like a fun day. I'm hoping to go again tomorrow morning. The last 2 tuesdays have been excellent. So what was B4B's magic lure that allowed him to catch half of the fish? Did you find one area of the lake better than any other when you were trolling?
Bigcat
[signature]

[signature]
B4B was using a shad rap perch pattern, he trolled with it all day untill he hooked into a good size fish and his line broke. I used a glass shad rap perch pattern part of the day but for some reason I did not do as well as he did. It was one of those days when it does not matter what the other guy puts on and he still catches them. I did catch a few on the glass shad rap and a few on an orange&gold count down.

No area seemed better than the other we picked up a few fish every where we went.
[signature]