Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Horizon one day trip 10/9
Quick report.. Once again went out on the BH to fish the Ahi.. I had a light charter this time only 9 guys. It was me, Mirco, Zomees, Hitnrun, Bobup, Phiesmeister, YFYL, Ggomez and Soats.. We fished 80 miles south looking for the Kelps.. We hit a bunch of kelps but not much under them.. We did meter fish but not really any biters.. Heard on the radio about 5 boats worked one kelp that had Big Eye on it but they were another 15 miles south of us.. Kept working the area but not much out there for us.. Most of the fleet weren't doing much then there was a few that got lucky.. The fish we did manage were very small Dorados, Yellows, Yellowfin and Albacore.. The smallest Dorado and Albies I have ever seen.. I almost managed to do the grand slam.. I caught a few Yellows, one Yellowfin, one Albie and lost a Dodo at color.. All on the good old Mega Bait.. TB, I got my Albie for the month of October even though it was very little.. Hopefully I can do the Tiger slam by getting a Tuna every month til March.. Well thats about it.. Weather was good, a little bumpy but thats about it..

Final total I think.. 9 anglers 20 plus on the Yellows half released, 12 Dorado half released, 3 Yellowfin and 2 Albacore

Thanks again to Big D. Deluna, Jimmy Sharp(FL), Jake the snake and BLUE

CK
[signature]
Hey there CoronaKing,

Sounds like a good trip and run at 'em. Heard about that 5 boat kelp. Seems like there was 15 minutes of glory and that was it. Guys were saying, as you did, they hooked some albies so small that if they swallowed the hook you could remove by just turning the fish around and ....

What's cool is the boat that found it waited for his call-ins before approaching the paddy! That's class!

JapanRon
[signature]