Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been snaggin Kokes?
I was just wondering if anyone has tried snaggin those kokes. I hear alot about it, but never tried it. A buddy went up to 11 mile last night to check out the action. I should hear back from him today, and I'll post a reply with his findings. Anyone else been to 11 mile? or anywhere else for that matter?
[signature]
I've been thinking about going up to blue mesa and fishing where the gunnison goes into it, I hear kokanees are as thick as flies there! What kind of rig up do you use for kokanees? I definitely might try.
[signature]
I heard the salmon run at blue mesa was early, it may be a little late there. 11 mile is a lot closer, but i haven't heard anything from there. I've never snagged kokes before, but down south we used to snag all sorts of fish in the spillways of big lakes. we just used a very large weighted treble hook (made for snaggin) and a very heavy rod. just threw it out there and yanked the heck out of it all the way in. fish pull like mad when hooked in the body or tail. as far as the salmon go, I've heard that they school up near whichever cove they were released into. I may try to check out 11 mile this weekend when I get tired of lookin for elk.
[signature]
I have never tried it, but looking to try it, the only thing is I can not find any places who sell the snaggin hooks.
[signature]