Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge
[Tongue]I went to the Gorge on Monday. I should have known better. It was a mad house. We tried for Kokes at one of my reliable hotspots. This is a place that has been reliable consistantly over the years as a good spot in the Fall. I accidentally caught a 5lb. mack (pup) while jigging for Kokes. I didn't get a single Koke. It might be a little early yet. All the reports indicated that it was hot. When I took my boat out Monday afternoon, it took almost an hour and a half to make my way down the ramp and take out. There is a fish cleaning station right next to the ramp and there was not a soul there. It was pretty slow.

We also tried jigging for mack's. Although we have been very successful earlier this year, Monday was not a successful day. We located fish at the usual "humps" They were somewhat scattered though. Bottom line is that the fish got totally hammered over the three-day holiday. They are really effected by the pressure up there. I will give them a break and try again in a couple weeks.

I was fishing with a close friend and his 10-year-old son. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was about 80 degrees and there was no wind. We were in a setting of beautiful scenery. We saw our share of wildlife. All-in-all it was a fantastic day. As most of you know, fishing is so much more than catching fish. It's a lifestyle. I love getting out. Good country, good company and good weather..... What more could you ask for?

Hook'm pretty!!

J.
[signature]
[cool] Did you guys fish for smallies. Ifso how was the smally fishin?
[signature]
[size 3]Go fish I fished the Gorge almost every weekend this summer for Kokes. One thing that we found out is that when all the boat traffic shows up you might as well go fish for smallies or Macks. The fishing pressure seems to shut the fish right off almost every time.[/size]
[signature]