Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Weekend
Where is everyone headed? I am trying to decide between Williams Fork and South park.

Has anyone heard if the browns have started running towards Tomahawk on the Platte? This rain might get them going?[Smile]
[signature]
Neal-

I haven't heard anything about the browns at Tomahawk yet, but it sure seems like it ought to be about the right time.
[signature]
How long does it take to drive to Williams Fork from Denver? I drove to Stagecoach last Saturday to pike fish and it took me 3 hrs each way. It was fun but I only caught very small ones. Thats too long of a drive for one day of fishing! I guess if I would have caught a bunch of big ones the trip would have seemed shorter, haha.

It looks like I'm headed to South Park this weekend as well, probly fish spinney or 11 mile. My wife likes to troll for trout and my dad keeps his boat down there so thats where we usually go.

Also do you have any tips for fishing Williams Fork? I would like to go there soon. I would be fishing from my one man pontoon. Thanks
[signature]
I'm going to juniata reservoir this weekend to get some more nice walleyes, maybe a big old rainbow or two, and hopefully a couple of big ole' smallies as well[Wink]
[signature]
Hello Guys,
I think I'll head to 11 mile to take another run at the Pike. Unless anyone has any suggestions of places I should go within 1 1/2 hours or so of the springs that may produce some excitement.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I will probably start at the Inlet of 11-Mile and work my way up stream into the river. Then I will put the flyrod away, have lunch, then head over to Spinney and fish for Pike. usually around 3:00 PM a mud line forms on the south shore and big trout come in to feed real shallow. I have had some amazing days there in the fall!!!!
[signature]
My plan was to try to go vertical jig for macks somewhere, but the forecast for significant winds in the mountains makes that a pretty unrealistic idea.
[signature]
If you get bored Don? Head up to Spinney and bring your neoprene's. No boats are needed! In fact, a boat will just scare the fish they are so shallow. Wind always blows up there anyway.

Anybody who makes it up there on Sunday. I drive a blue z71 half ton. It also has Walleye Central stickers on the back window. Just walk the south shorline from the parking area to the dam. I will be in that stretch somewhere.
[signature]
I just bought a pair of Hodgeman 3.5 mm at Gander Mountain a couple of days ago. They also make 5.0 mm but those can actually be to hot if the weather is moderate! With the 3.5 you can always wear some kind of liner underneath if needed.

I got mine for 79.99 at Ganders, which is about 20.00 less than I had seen them before. Don't get the Cabela's brand! I have had two pairs tear along the seam.
[signature]
I got 3 walleyes in the 13-15" range in the upper lake. The cicada hatch made it tough fishing. and in the lower lake I caught 4 bass, one 11" skinny one, a 14" fat one, a 16" fat one, and a 17" fat one that I had to keep because it gutted the senko.
[signature]