Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard wipers win again
[mad] Just got in from fishing willard and only came up with 2 small 10''ers. Made a 65 mph loop around the whole lake a didn't see a single boil. Were do the all hide on days like this? It was a beautiful late afternoon though, no wind and no bugs.
[signature]
I have noticed the wipers can turn off in the blink of an eye! Don't give up, keep after them, you'll get into them. Where you topwater or trolling??
[signature]
[mad] We fished plastics and cranks, lipless cranks, grubs and grub with colorado spinners, walley divers, topwater, the works. The weird thing was that we were graphing fish all over the place. Oh well, we'll rip the lips off them next time. We didn't troll cause the ole 225 on the bass boat doesn't like trolling to well. There was 2or 3 boats trolling and I didn't see them catch anything. Gonna go try cutler reservoir this weekend for the first time and see if we can drum a bass or two.
[signature]
[size 4]Scooter, you know cutlers nick name right? "The Maze". Take a gps if you have one. Most guys dont want to take the chance of getting lost in the maze so they fish the main bays. I think that body of water has some awesome bass in it if you get in the back water. It just is going to be tough fishing in the reeds. Lots of flippin and pitchin. Reminds me of watching old roland martin on okechobee. Good luck, I know a couple duck hunters who can navigate the maze blind folded if you ever want info on how to get around. They wont have much fishing info and on a rare occasion they get lost but they are about as good as it gets when it comes to knowing cutler.[/size]
[cool]Where were you guys fishing? Thats about the same tiime we were out. In a boator on shore?
[signature]
[cool] Thanks for the info. Got a GPS and I'm going with a friend who has been in the maze a few times so we shouldn't get to lost for too long. We are more worried about sand bars and props. I hope we rip out the Utah record. I love pitchin and flippin. By the way. You run one hell of a page here. you should be proud. Lots of excellent help and info, and great group. Cudoes to ya.
[signature]