Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 10-15
Went to Pineview this morning, it is cooold up there before dawn.

Anyways, fished that North arm again and was skunked - I cant believe people catch fish in there, it is only about 3 feet deep in the backside. Didnt even get a hit.

Moved to my spots in the Middle Fork and saw a ton of carp surfacing - they looked like floating logs. I had my flyrod with me and tossed a size 8 all black wooly bugger and must have caught 12 of those ugly things.

Got tired of that and did some exploring and then hit another place that usually produces. Caught 2 bass here - 1 was a smallmouth and the other was what appeared to be a hybrid largemouth/smallmouth. It had largemouth colors but was stocky and had that bull looking snout like smallmouths, he had a tiny mouth for a 2# or so fish too. I didnt know that they could interbreed. Both fish were caught off of cemetery point on a 5" Yamamoto twin tail grub - watermelon with black and red flake.

Would have stayed longer but the wind was terrible, probably 25 mph+ gusts, almost impossible to hold a line in the boat.

Everytime I have been up there lately though, the wind really picks up after noon.

It is easy to get stuck on fishing the narrows, but that lake has so many productive places if you just do some exploring - lots of fun just tooling around too sometimes.
[signature]
largemouth and smallmouth can reproduce and create a hybrid. They are called Meanmouths. Rare but can happen. Caught one in arizona once. Or at least I think it was one. Read an article about them once that stated some state tryed to raise and plant them in lakes. They were to vicius of feeders and would bite anything thrown at them including toes of people swimming in lakes.
[signature]
It was a weird fish - almost looked like a giant oscar, and fought better than any bass I have caught in awhile for its size (excluding wipers of course).

I thought I was snagged - threw the bait up on the rocks and the thing hit it instantly. Was a pain to lip him too, kept biting my finger, definitely a fiesty fish.
[signature]
I was up at pineview today also. You might have seen me. I was in a army green 14' tracker. The fishing got real good when the wind started up. It was a pain trying to reel in a fish and not get blown into the shore. Guess that is why you dont go fishing alone.
[signature]
were you the dude trolling all over the place?
[signature]
heh, I can drive a boat if you wanna go up on the weekends.. though, I don't have a boat of my own, usually, I go up with my sisters friend that has a Blue glastron.. he might take it out to pineview sunday.. though when I troll, I still can't catch a damn thing.. guess a wrong setup.. everyone I asked here to help me with any idea's of what they use for trolling and they just tell me I have to find what works.. it's like give me a damn starting point cuz I wanna catch something..

this is to the guy that has the tracker boat army colored.. and yea, I think I have seen ya around up there.. let me know, my e-mail is [url "mailto:Airwolf79@hotmail.com"]Airwolf79@hotmail.com[/url]
as I don't check this every day..

chris
[signature]
j-11 and j-13 rapalas in perch or fire tiger work good for muskies. I have found trolling to be really slow there for the most part - I'd rather cast.

Pretty much any crank you wanna use in crafish,perch or fire tiger will work there. You gotta troll pretty quick too - will feel like you are going way to fast, but they dont hit the slow trolled stuff at Pineview.

I know I am not the tracker guy - but that is pretty spot on.

As for places to go, off of cemetery point back down into the back where the 2 access places are and then up along the other bank around the point (the one across from the port ramp) there and down the north arm is a good track to take - you wil cover alot of the good water that way.

I dunno why people think they have secret places on this board, I think it is kinda irritating personally.
[signature]
Here are a few pointers. I use mainly 3 lures for trolling. Shadraps in perch, Lure Jenson brush baby in rainbow, or Rapala J-13 in Brown or rainbow trout. You need to troll 3 to 3.5 mph. Lure does not really matter. The secret in to troll over points and make sure the lure is bouncing on the bottom as you go over points. If you have a fear of losing tackle this may not be for you.
[signature]