Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Report
Drove up to Flaming Gorge this morning to get in a few hours of fishing before bringing the boat home for the winter. I launched from Lucerne Marina at 0900. Then the fun began. The wind started blowing just as I got out into Lucerne Bay. For the next 4 hours I battled the wind and 3-4 foot waves. I didn't pick up any fish nor did I see anyone else land any. One guy lost a cooler and said it was filled with fish he caught earlier in the morning. He was trolling a blue/silver rapala at 70 feet. The weather is getting colder and snow is expected by early in the week. Still fun to get up there one last time this year.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I've been wondering about the Gorge. Do you happen to know what the water temperature is?
[signature]
No I don't know what the temperature was. I could have checked it on my depthfinder but I didn't even think about it.....Johnny
[signature]
Hey Don I was at the Gorge last week-end. The water temp was 58 degrees.Beautiful week-end with all the fall colors. All my fish were under 10lbs. A buddy hooked up with 2 over 30lbs. My last trip of the year. put the boat in storage today. Getting ready for the deer hunt now, and waiting for the ice to form at the berry.
[signature]
Thanks Brent. I'm surprised the water is still that warm. What did you and your buddy hook your fish on?
[signature]