Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spoon/spinner questions
OK first off how is it best done? i found a site that gave detailed instructions, but to buy the kits you had to buy 10 of the same blade style and color. do any of you know where i could get an assortment of blades and colors. also do you think that it is best that i buy kits of could the spoons or spinners be hand made with supplys from the local ace hardware. also is there a trick to the metal o-rings, i have the damndest time getting them on my lures.
Thanks for any info or ideas you can share.
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 2]Hey Tyler, I have been making and using all kinds of spoons and spinners for many years. Once you get the hang of it, it is simple, easy, and lets you make lots of what you use most at a lot lower cost per spinner.

The tough part is getting tooled up. Each item is not expensive, but when you get fully tricked out, you can spend a fair amount. Rather than buy a spinner making kit, you should spend some time with someone and learn how to make them first. Then, buy only the components you need.

If you are ever going to be up in Salt Lake area, let me know. I will have you over and show you how to make simple but effective spinners.

By the way, those split rings can be exasperating. But, if you have a pair of split ring pliers they are much easier to work with.
[/size][/blue]

[signature]
Hey that sounds great TIO One day if i ever make it up that way i will take you up on it. I will have to break that utah county barrier, i just cant bring myself to drive on the congested salt lake county roads wehn i am accoustomed to driving on a 2 lane country road where every day is sunday
[signature]