Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very unfair rule
Icedaddy, you and I talk all the time and we agree on most things, no doubt there, and you know how I disagree about you on vega reservoir. 12 fish should be the limit; when this fish are averaging 10-14" in a lake with such a large crayfish and freshwater shrimp population, something is definitely wrong. DOW should also stop stocking so many fish in there and put a few more of those in waters that need em like the gunnison. The DOW complains about the shortage of WD free stockies, but they waste the ones they have[Sad]

I also agree with you about the colorado and other large rivers like that where bait should be allowed. Most baitfisherman I see on the colorado are power bait fisherman who use 12 pound test and huge golfball sized weights, and the most the get is maaaaaaaybe 1 decent bow. seems to me on the roaring fork and gunnison gorge it should be the same as well. But then again I gotta agree that spinney is fine being flies/lures only.

The only thing about flies and lures only waters that I really hate are that most fly fisherman use feather light tippet and, although when they release a fish it may seem fine like oats said he does, later a large percentage of these fish will die due to metabolic acidosis. I notice so many dead fish in the fryingpan and taylor rivers that are huge it makes me sick, and usually they have no evidence of injury... metabolic acidosis. Most flyfisherman use tippet that is equivalent to .5-2.0 lb test for these tough waters, and a fish they catch over 16" will almost certainly die because of how long they played it. So although a flyfisherman may think the fish they are releasing are fine, a lot of them die later. I would make it a law to use a minimum of tippet equivalent to 3.0 lb test. The amount of deaths flyfisherman that use lighter cause on fisheries make me sick at times. Especially when they look down their nose at me for being a lip hook baitfisherman.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Very unfair rule - by TroutFishingBear - 10-21-2004, 06:07 PM
Re: [DonInDenver] Very unfair rule - by Oats - 11-12-2004, 02:05 AM
Re: [Oats] Very unfair rule - by Icedaddy22 - 11-12-2004, 03:37 AM
Re: [Icedaddy22] Very unfair rule - by Oats - 11-12-2004, 03:58 AM
Re: [Icedaddy22] Very unfair rule - by TroutFishingBear - 11-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Re: [TroutFishingBear] Very unfair rule - by Oats - 11-12-2004, 09:34 PM