Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kayak FOUND AND BOUGHT
Hey there guys,

Found a beauty on ebay for a song.

I'm frustrated I can't fish five different super good spots because I don't have a sit-in kayak and am not allowed to tube the areas.

Anyone got a 9~10 foot minimum 30 inch wide bare-bones, no-nothings kayak shell or hull here in the Los Angeles area? I'm willing to drive 3 or 4 hours for the right craft. Every time I find something on Ebay that fits...... it's a 'local pickup' only deal!!!

I will built it to my needs as a project!

JapanRon
[signature]
I did a quick search and there are alot of plans to build your own if an idea like that floats your boat. Cabelas also has some, but i dont know what your budget is.
[signature]
Hi there fish4fish,

Thanks for the thought. I buy and sell on ebay and am watching for something there and have made some bids. I'll know if I've won by the end of the weekend on one particular craft.

I built boats 40 years ago in high school (little 7ft sabots .... I believe they're called) Made the jigs (most important for true tracking) myself and actually looked into doing the same for the yak.

These days, the MATERIAL costs so much that all in all you might as well go ahead and buy a one that can be easily resold. So I gave up on building one.

Again thanks, I'll keep haunting ebay and message boards.

JapanRon
[signature]