Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The truth about Social Security
Subject: Social Security

"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see."

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA)
Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary,

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of
their annual incomes into the Program,

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would
be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent "Trust Fund"
rather than into the General operating fund, and therefore, would only be
used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other
Government program, and,

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as
income.

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a
Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting
taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to "put away,"
you may be interested in the following:

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent "Trust"
fund and put it into the General fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democratically-controlled House and
Senate.

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social
Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the "tie-breaking" deciding
vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the U.S.

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to
immigrants?

A: That's right! Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party. Immigrants moved
into this country, and at age 65, began to receive SSI Social Security
payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even though
they never paid a dime into it!

Then, after doing all this lying and thieving and violation of the original
contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the
Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is, uninformed citizens believe it!

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during this 2004 election year!
If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted
and maybe good changes will evolve.
[signature]
Oh-nowww... there you go again- being all truthful and trying to scare the elderly and minorities.

It's just like a conservative to use facts to shine the ugly light of truth on another political party...

Keep it up- PB
Isn't that the truth, I bet Southernman just hates it when we conservatives use the truth to show what is really happening. My friends send me a lot of info like this but I would hate to fill up the board with a lot of interesting and maybe helpful facts. If you want I could PM you some more? WH2
[signature]
another bogus argument, the last thing you have written down is about carter, htat was 25 years ago . . . different world back then, but thats ok, when we wipe the floor up with the stinkin lying p.o.s. draft dodging drunken bush next tues, we'll get this country back on track

go Kerry!

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Man, is that callin' the kettle black. Your man claimed to be in Cambodia on Xmas eve in 1968 and had to recant on that lie. Denied he never was involved with anti-war protest meetings that discussed assinations of US senators. Caught on that one and now just got caught on his latest. Claims he met with UN Security Council and never did.[/size][/black][/font]

[url "http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20041025-020600-3030r.htm"]http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20041025-020600-3030r.htm[/url]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You sure throw out the "liar" word a lot. Seems you know exactly what one is. Looks to me like Kerry will say anything, even if it isn't the truth, to get elected. You sure can pick'em, SM.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
hmmmm lets compare: Kerry met with members of the security council, just not all of them . . . and bush lies that there were wmds, that Saddam had something to do with 911, and that Iraq was trying to get nuclear materials . . lie lie lie that cost tens of thousands of lives, kerry's misuse of an adjective didnt cost any lives but a few trees . . .

and the wash times is a cheap conservative rag too

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]If the Washington Times is too conservative for you go pick any Liberal rag you want and you'll find the story there too. Pick your poison. It's headline news everywhere today.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Seems to me, Kerry also sold the "lie" of Iraq's WMD's on more than on one occasion til he flip flopped to the anti war rhetoric. He even voted for it and said he would of done the same thing knowing what we know now if he was president 2-1/2 months ago. Kerry's a Monday morning quaterback who couldn't make up his mind unless he asked Teresa.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I do believe we got the biggest WMD, Saddam himself. If it wasn't for that mad man none of this would of ever happen. If he would of opened his country to the UN inspectors as he agreed and let them do their job we wouldn't be in Iraq today Don't blame us or the UN, BLAME SADDAM! [/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]BTW, Iraq did try to aqquire nuclear materials and tried to proliferate a nuclear program. Here's a chonology of events. Get your facts straight.[/size][/black][/font]

[url "http://www.fas.org/news/un/iraq/iaea/event.html"]http://www.fas.org/...iraq/iaea/event.html[/url]
[url "http://www.thebulletin.org/issues/1991/s91/s91albright.html"]http://www.thebulletin.org/...s91/s91albright.html[/url]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Tens of thousands of lives? What are you taking about? Typical liberal exagerations. What Tens of thosands of lives are you refering to?[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
those tens of thousands of iraqis plus our 1100 dead . . .

the big news tonight on tv was how because the occupation let tons of high explosives fall into the hands of lunatics, at least under Saddam they didnt have it - another good job by the idiots in charge - they should have another 150,000 people there, preferably other countries' forces, but bush shoved his stinky finger in their faces, its gonna take awhile to undue all the damage the jackass from texass has done

and I can't believe you'd try to pull out some 13 year old crap to try to throw me off the bush lies - that wasnt what the liar was referring to, and you know it - he specifically mentioned that Saddam had RECENTLY tried to get nucleaur materials, and he knew it wasnt true, and he lied lied lied, now hes got blood on his hands, to go with the corncob up his arse

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Now, Now, Tony, nobody's trying to throw you off. Just the facts, maam. You and John Kerry can keep making up your own "facts" if it gives you a warm fuzzy. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Just to show you there's now hard feelings here's a little something to ease your pain.[/size][/black][/font]

[url "http://www.imgag.com/product/full/ap/3067907/graphic1.swf"]http://www.imgag.com/product/full/ap/3067907/graphic1.swf[/url]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]This may also ease your trouble mind about "tens of thousands of Iraqs..."[/size][/black][/font]

[url "http://www.iraqbodycount.net/"]http://www.iraqbodycount.net/[/url]
[url "http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/"]http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/[/url]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I believe you have GROSSLY exaggerated the number of deaths.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3](edit) This includes ALL deaths, including those associated with the insurgents that thinks nothing of blowing up non combatants.[/size][/font]
[signature]
no hard feelings of course

now thats a funny website

sm
[signature]
ok over 10,000 whatever, thats a lot i beleive these are underreported

does that make his damn lies any better?

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I thought you'd like it. My liberal friend in California gets great delight sending me anti-Bush stuff. That's almost as much fun a slappin' the crap out of the "other" candidate. Here's a joke I found amusing:[/size][/black][/font]
[black][size 3]John Kerry visits a primary school classroom. They are in the middle of a [/size][/black][black][size 3]discussion related to words and their meanings. The teacher asks Mr.Kerry if [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]he would like to lead the discussion on the word "tragedy." So the [/size][/black][black][size 3]illustrious Senator asks the class for an example of a tragedy. [/size][/black][size 3]

[/size][black][size 3]One little boy stands up and offers: "If my best friend, who lives on a [/size][/black][black][size 3]farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs him over and kills him, [/size][/black][black][size 3]that would be a 'tragedy'." [/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[black][size 3]"No," says Kerry, "that would be an accident". [/size][/black]
[size 3]
[/size][black][size 3]A little girl raises her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove [/size][/black][black][size 3]over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy." [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]"I'm afraid not," explains Mr. Kerry. "That's what we would call a 'great [/size][/black][black][size 3]loss'." [/size][/black]
[size 3]
[black][/black][/size]
[black][size 3]The room goes silent. No other children volunteered. Kerry searches the [/size][/black][black][size 3]room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a 'tragedy'?" [/size][/black]
[size 3]
[/size][black][size 3]Finally, at the back of the room a small boy raises his hand. In a quiet [/size][/black][black][size 3]voice, he says: "If your campaign plane, carrying you, Mr. Kerry, were [/size][/black][black][size 3]struck by a 'friendly fire' missile and blown to smithereens, that would be [/size][/black][black][size 3]a 'tragedy'." [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]"Fantastic!" exclaims Kerry. "That's right. And can you tell me why that [/size][/black][black][size 3]would be a 'tragedy'?" [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]"Well," says the boy "because it certainly wouldn't be a 'great loss' and it [/size][/black][#000880][size 6][black][size 3]probably wouldn't be an 'accident either!"[/size][/black][/size][/#000880]
[signature]
OK I LOVE THIS WHEN REPUBLICANS SAY KERRY LIED COME ON THEY ALL LIE TO SOME POINT NOW BUSH HAD THE INFO ABOUT IRAQ AND SOLD IT TO CONGRESS WHEN WE WERE STILL SCARED OVER 9/11 THEN HE SAID THE GUY TRIED TO KILL HIS FATHER, SECOND HE SAID THERE WERE W.O.D. HUMM WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR SATELITES WE HAVE THAT CAN SEE ANYWHERE AND DEEP WITHIN EARTH HUMMM WEIRD WERE THEY BROKEN THAT DAY OR IS THIS JUST A WAY TO SAY I WANT TO GET THE GUY THAT TRIED TO KILL MY FATHER AND NO COST IS TO HIGH OH TO PAY FOR THIS WAR WERE DO WE GET THE MONEY REMEMBER WE ARE IN DEBT HUMMM CHINA YEAH AND THE WORLD BANK JUST ADDED OVER 30 YEARS DEBT TO A COUNTRY IN DEBT OVER THERE EYEBALLS ALREADY NOW BUSH BEING THE DRUNK HE IS (YOU KNOW THE SAYING ONCE A DRUNK ALWAYS A DRUNK) CAN SAY WHAT EVER HE WANTS SO LONG AS HE BRING UP 9/11 AND PEOPLE BELIEVE IT NOW A QUESTION WHAT DID SADDAM DO THAT WE NEVER DID REMEMBER AMERICANS (EUROPEAN AMERICANS) CAME OVER HERE AND KILLED WITHOUT REMORSE AND TOOK THE LAND SO IT SOUNDS LIKE TO ME THE AMERICAN WAY IS OK SO LONG AS ONLY AMERICA DOES IT NOW WHAT IS THE BUSH FAMILY REALLY AFTER I SAY THE FAMILY BECAUSE THE PROBLEM WITH THE LAST ELECTION AND VOTE HAPPENED IN PRES. BUSH'S BROTHERS STATE ( REMEMBER HIS BROTHER IS THE GOVENOR FLORIDA) AND DICK CHENEY AND HALLIBURTON HUMMM DON'T THEY HAVE THE CONTRACT TO SUPPLY ALL THE OIL IN IRAQ AND DIDN'T THEY GET BUSTED ( UNDER DICK ) FOR INFLATING PRICES TO THE US GOVERMENT BEFORE AND WE TRUST THEM NOW... SOUNDS LIKE IF YOU SURROUND SOME PEOPLE IN FEAR THEY WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING... AND YOU TALK ABOUT TAKING MONEY FROM SSI HOW ABOUT ROBBING THE COUNTRY BLIND FOR THERE OWN PROFIT SORRY BUSH HAS TO GO... OH AND DICK CHENEY TOO...
NOW KERRY I WILL SAY IS A FREAK TOO BUT AT LEAST HE DID GO TO WAR WHEN G.B. JR DID NOT 3 PURPLE HEARTS TRUMPS 2 D.U.I. OH HERE IS A PHRASE VENGENCE IS MINE NOT BUSHES GOD BURNS BUSHES AND JESUS NEVER GOT UPSET AT THE PEOPLE THAT WERE CRUCIFING HIM REMEMBER CHRIST WAS A LIBERAL OF HIS TIME AND WHY IS KINDNESS TOWARDS ALL OF GODS CHILDREN WRONG? SO I GUESS IT'S ONE NATION UNDER OIL WITH BUSH AND DICK FOR ALL SORRY I HAD TO JUMP ITO THIS ONE OH I GUESS SOUTHRN MAN YOUR A BETTER PERSON THEN I THOUGHT OH WHEN DOES FAMILY VALUES INCLUDED BEING DRUNK AND RAISING DRUNK DAUGHTERS
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Somebody throw this guy a rope... I think he's lost it. You've been watching too many soap operas and what's with all the conspiracy theories? And I'll bet you believe Lee Harvey Oswald didn't act alone and the CIA and Johnson actually assinated Kennedy? Please...[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I've read your post 5-6 times and after trying to decipher it I can only come to one conculsion. You should seek professional help...[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Merely attaching here...

Personally I find this election little more than humorous recreation of a childish snowball fight. The entire event likens itself to CHILDREN lined up on either side of the street as far as a person can see. Each side of the road tosses snowballs (lie and truths) while we the US public, (likened to a the child standing in the middle of the road) are being entice to join the fun. Of course "our friends" on either side of the street continue to toss a few snowballs back and forth across the street at each other taking care to avoid striking you and I until our choice and voice is hear as we dash to one side of the street or the other. This in itself all seems like little more than harmless fun until the children in the middle of the street dashes off to join his or her "friends", then all hell breaks loose. At this point we've become an open target for those freinds we chosen not to join with and we must depend on be struck from behind by several snowballs before we can take up our chosen position.
Were we wrong to have made the choice we did? No! The choice we made at that moment seems best for each of us, at that moment. Voting in this nation has become little more than a snowball,, or better yet, a BS ball fight. The facts show that truth is often stretch to the point its hard to wade through the lies being tossed to us from both sides and or all parties combined. This, like all elections, has become a situation of the US public wading through the all BS and picking out chuncks (the lesser of two evils) and the one truth we feel we can living with over the next 4 years. The two truths we can depend upon is that we as a nation are about to elect the most powerful man to walk this planet during the next 4 years, and, that power creates corruption.
I for one enjoy the fact that so many snowballs are tossed. For without the BS tossed, gathered up and returned, corruption stands un-checked and the nation is left blind and unware.
[signature]
NOW TO RESPOND...
IT SEEMS TO ME IT IS OK TO SAY WHAT KERRY DID WRONG IN HIS YOUTH BUT TO BRING UP BUSH JR. AND HIS FUN TIMES OF COCAINE AND BOOZE IS TABOO. NOW THIS IS NO STRECH HERE IF YOU BUY OR SALE DRUGS YOU SUPPORT MURDER, PROSTITION, KIDNAPPING, AND MOST CRIMAL INTERPRISES. THEN TO SAY BUSH WAS A PART OF THIS IS EASY TO SAY. BUT FOR SOME REASON THAT IS OK ?JUST SO LONG AS HE DID NOT SPEAK OUT AGAINST THE WAR IN SOUTHEAST ASIA.... HOW MANY AMERICAN'S LIVES HAVE BEEN LOST TO DRUGS?

NOW CONPIRACIES I BELEIVE IN A FEW NOT MANY I JUST LOOK AT FACTS ( OR WHAT WE KNOW TO BE FACT ) AND SAY CAN THIS BE TRUE, THEN I LOOK INTO IT EVEN MORE. THEN I BASE A OPIONION ON THAT. AND IF YOU THINK MONEY AND POWER DOES NOT AFFECT PEOPLE THEN YOU NEED A ROPE.

TO THINK THAT BUSH HAS NO OTHER MOTIVES BEYOND WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE COUNTRY IS SILLY.
LOOK AT WHEN HE WAS FIRST IN OFFICE CHINA SHOOT DOWN ONE OF OUR SPY PLANES OVER CHINA IN THERE AIR SPACE SPYING ON THEM. BUSH WANTED TO GOTO WAR THEN WITH CHINA. THIS WAS NATIONAL NEWS ...
I JUST SEE BUSH AS A WAR MONGER...

I GAVE IDEAS FOR PEOPLE TO LOOK INTO. NOW IF YOU BELIEVE THEM OR NOT IS UP TO YOU BUT I SAY LOOK INTO IT. FORM A OPINION ON FACTS NOT FEAR OF TERRIORIST.
BUT IT SEEMS MUD SLINGING IS PART OF THE POLITIAL PROCESS THIS YEAR AND EVEN I HAVE JOINED IN ON IT THIS MAKES ME SAD.
SO ALL I CAN SAY IS IF YOUR FOR BUSH VOTE ON NOV. 4TH
AND IF YOUR FOR KERRY VOTE EARLY AND OFTEN ON NOV. 2ND
I HOPE YOU LAUGHED!!! I THINK WE TRUELY NEED MORE LAUGHTER IN OUR LIVES INSTEAD OF FEAR AND HATE TOWARDS OUR FELLOW MAN.
[signature]
someones sure riding high on the jackass... mike you need to go fishing.
[signature]
I JUST LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE HAVE RESORT TO NAME CALLING WOW I COULD DO THAT TOO THAT IS EASY TO DO BUT THEN AGAIN MAYBE IT IS NOT AS EASY AS ONCE THOUGHT
FIRST I WOULD HAVE TO TURN MY BRAIN OFF AND GO ON AUTO PILOT.
AND DROP 100 IQ POINTS BUT THEN AGIAN A ELEPHANT DOES TAKE BIG DUMPS.

SORRY JASON THAT REALLY WAS REALLY UNCALLED FOR!!

REMEMBER THERE IS ONE CONSTANT IN THE UNIVERSE THAT IS CHANGE AND THOSE WHO FAIL TO CHANGE FAIL THEMSELFS....
A OPEN MIND IS A GOOD THING

BUT I GUESS IT IS EASIER TO GO WITH THE CROWD
THINKING FOR YOURSELF SEEMS TO BE A TABOO
[signature]
i dont see anywhere in my post where im "name calling"
[signature]