Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using a fish finder
I am not sure what you meant by pinpoint fish and mark them. As you may know, your fish finder sees in a cone formation and reads back to you in a vertical line. Take your boat out to your favorite fishing holes and just watch your fish finder, before long you will be able to determine what are fish and what are not. If you have a fish i.d. feature on the finder, it will display fish as a small fish looking symbol. if it is an option to turn this feature off, i recomend it. you will be able to more acuratley determine what is below you if you spend the time watching it and catching fish. If you are fishing a river, you probably nkow that the big cats that are active and feeding will position themsleves at the head and rear of holes. So I would start looking there to get a feel for your new purchase. Basically its like learning a new way to read, it just takes time and effort, but when you can read your fish finder it can be your best friend. What brand name and model is the unit? And more specifically, what do you need to know to use it?

Messages In This Thread
using a fish finder - by Dale - 09-09-2002, 11:41 AM
Re: [Dale] using a fish finder - by PREDATOR - 09-16-2002, 01:47 AM
Re: [Dale] using a fish finder - by fisherman - 09-17-2002, 05:23 AM
Re: [fisherman] using a fish finder - by Dale - 09-18-2002, 08:44 PM
Re: [Dale] using a fish finder - by PREDATOR - 09-19-2002, 12:45 AM
Re: [PREDATOR] using a fish finder - by Dale - 09-19-2002, 12:17 PM