Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just wanted to check in.
Hey everybody,
I've been busy moving into a new place and trying to get some hunting in at the same time during the rifle deer hunt. Did get some fishing in last weekend at echo canyon and caught three trout on a Blue Fox Vibrax Gold Blade with a Flouresent Green Body. I went through my tackle box and finally found what they wanted only to lose it on a rock/grate for the dam, that figures. Cant wait to get out and do some serious fishing as soon as I finish unpacking . Ill attach some of photos from my hunting trip in Nevada.
[signature]
great pics, nice buck!

sm
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans MS"] Another congrat's, nice buck and thanks for the Echo report. With the pics of your truck, does this mean we are never going to get a look at the "Mad Max" car?

Take care,
David
[signature]
[cool]Way to go WiNtErKiLLnv.Thats a nice buck. I did'nt see any four pointers west of Ely, but did see three pointers and big forkhorn bucks. I settled on a small forkhorn on opening day because the bigger deer had moved on or just made themselves scarce. Congrats again.
[signature]
Thanks Southernman, Powermaker, and BigE. I was hunting by myself that weekend, and it took a 45 minute hike to get to him. I had to skin and quarter him up in the mountains, just so I could pack him out in two trips. It took 7 1/2 hours from the time I shot him till I had all the meat back to the truck and in the cooler. I think I was just about the only person up there that wasn't hunting from a four wheeler. My body hurt for a week after that weekend. I also found a six point elk shed and a three point deer shed while I was hunting. This spring I've got to do some shed hunting around March.
[signature]
[cool]Hey WiNtErKiLLnv, I feel your pain! I too was hunting alone and I dragged my buck back over two ridges before I skinned him. I shot him at 9:15 a.m., was back at the truck at 11:30 a.m., had him skinned and head removed and in the truck by 1:00 p.m. Got him back to Vegas and in the processers' cooler at 7:00 p.m. I was on a mission to get out before the rain and completely wore myself out! A four wheeler would have saved alot of work and pain. Though 7.5 hours is a marathon. Shed hunting sounds like some fun. I have never found any and would like to get some for future projects.
[signature]