Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interesting article i stumbled across....
[size 5]Families of 9/11 Victims 'United' Behind Bush[/size]

By Jimmy Moore
Talon News
October 29, 2003
Hundreds of family members who lost a loved one during the terrorist attacks on America on September 11, 2001 have written an open letter "united" in support of the reelection of President George W. Bush on November 2.
In an appeal to voters who may still be Undecided in the race between Bush and Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John F. Kerry, the family members of 9/11 victims remind Americans of the horror that this country faced not that long ago.
"Three years ago, on the day that began as a beautiful September morning, 19 men and their sponsors carried out a brutal and devastating attack on our country, leaving 3,000 innocent men, women and children dead, including our loved ones," the letter began. "In those first agonizing hours, and for weeks and months afterward as we searched for word of their fate, we were aware that the shock and horror of that day was not ours alone."
Although it was a difficult time in their lives, the families of these victims were grateful for the "strong and steady embrace of our fellow Americans."
"The words, 'Never forget,' defiantly written in dust or humbly penned on makeshift memorials, were also permanently etched in our hearts," the letter continued. "We will never forget your strength, your courage and your endless generosity."
Speaking "united on behalf of our country," the victims' families who signed the letter said this is an important time in history and the future choices of our nation's leaders are vital to our very existence as well as for future generations.
"But we face a new challenge, a new kind of war and an enemy who is different from the enemies faced by earlier generations," the letter noted. "This is not an adversary who can be reasoned with or appeased, this is an adversary who has repeatedly demonstrated that its means and ends are one and the same: the wanton slaughter of innocents."
The letter states that Bush has made the United States safer though his decisive and direct actions to combat terrorism.
"Under the president's strong leadership in the war on terror and through the heroic efforts of our military forces, we are a safer country today," the letter proclaimed. "Two-thirds of al Qaeda leadership is dead, incarcerated, or on the run, its financing disrupted. The Taliban has been removed from power and training camps in Afghanistan and Iraq have been eliminated."
Looking at the efforts within the borders of the country, the families of the 9/11 victims contend that the Patriot Act has empowered local law enforcement personnel to successfully go after terrorists as they do the most heinous criminals, seeing results in New York, New Jersey, Oregon, Illinois and Florida.
Pointing to the recent 9/11 Commission report, the letter said it is "a solid blueprint for going forward in the war on terror."
"It described the threat that killed our loved ones as a 'gathering storm' which went unrecognized and unchecked for too many years and characterized the inability to predict the attack itself as a 'failure of imagination,'" the letter exclaimed. "Looking forward, the Commission offered this pointed warning, 'Once the danger has fully materialized, evident to all, mobilizing action is easier -- but it then may be too late.'"
The letter signers believe Bush acted correctly to remove Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq because of his actions of clear defiance to adhere to the dictates of the United Nations weapons inspectors and his propensity for acquiring and using weapons of mass destruction.
"[Bush] determined that this repressive regime [in Iraq] was an intolerable danger to our country," the letter said. "Rather than waiting until it was too late to prevent a fully materialized threat, the President acted. We believe history will support the President's decision."
Describing themselves as from "every political stripe" and age, the letter writers say they "speak out from a profound sense of obligation to those we have lost and to the country that we love" when they publicly stand behind Bush and his reelection.
"Guided by core principles, President Bush has steadfastly told us who he is, what he believes and what he will fight for," the letter concluded. "He is a caring and decisive leader who is not afraid to make hard choices to keep this nation safe, by keeping it strong."
The letter continues, "[Bush] has sent a clear message to America's friends and foes that he will not waver in his resolve as the winds of political fortune change. He will not revert to the failed policies of the past which only served to whet the appetite of those who would destroy us. He will stand firm against our adversaries."
Because they have been directly affected by the tragedy of the terrorist attacks, the letter writers say they know firsthand the track that they want to see America headed in.
"[W]e are inspired and energized to follow the President's lead, to rise to the occasion and get the job done," the letter denotes. "We are deeply grateful to President Bush, who rallied this nation on that dark September day, who has earned our respect and confidence, and whose leadership we trust to steer this country on the right path."
The letter ends by recalling the words of President Bush just after the terrorist attacks when he said he would "never forget."
As a result, "We stand with him now," the letter concluded.

cyas
rc
t

sm
[signature]
[crazy] [size 1][#ff0000]nothing but conservative lies and bs[/#ff0000] ... yea! not fair- balanced and objective like CBS, NBC and ABC... the New York Times - and the list goes on... these are the kind of news sources that make real sense![/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Everyone knows that anything conservative must be ALL lies and BS... [/size][size 1][/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Right SM? [/size][size 1]We all know how fair-balanced and objective you can be...[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1][/size]

sm
[signature]
[cool] [black][#ff0000]"hey its show time, get out and vote for kerry now! we gotta get this greasy slut outta office"[/#ff0000] [/black]
[black] [/black]
[black]Well said SM... and look! it appears that there are others with the same attitude...[/black]
[size 1][/size] [size 1]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]WorldNetDaily: Yasser Arafat endorses Kerry.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Yasser Arafat is hoping John Kerry wins the presidential election in November, several Palestinian leaders told WorldNetDaily[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]"The president [Arafat] thinks Kerry will be much better for the Palestinian cause and for the establishment of a Palestinian state."[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[inline lt_kerrys_band.jpg]
[inline foreign_endorsement.jpg]

Great minds think alike.. right SM?[/size]

[signature]
It's interesting that you continue to refer to our president as a draft dodging pos, when the last democrat that was in office was a draft dodger himself.
[signature]

[signature]
yah you ignorant servies are reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll clever ...................................................................................................................................
[signature]
It doesnt have a thing to do with 2004, because they both dodged vietnam and if history class was accurate it all was in the past. you talk like we should forget about certain aspects of the war because it was a long time ago but then rag on others like it just happened yesterday.

Its too bad that both of the major parties canadites are such intecutial morons, the american people would benifit from a canidate as well educated as Ralph Nader.
[signature]
Great article Guppyslayer, thanks for sharing. It's too bad people like southernman don't get the point and it's even worse when they think they need to use foul language to get their point across. I believe we can all discuss this issue without resorting to talking like that, I guess SM will be singing a different tune after the election and Bush remains President. WH2
[signature]
well said wiper hunter2
[signature]
it's interesting..this political battle of 2004....i've watched a lot of coverage on many of the media outlets and have read many articles from a variety of newpapers..both very liberal and very right-winged. I've noticed one common attitude, no matter what the format... The folks who support the right seem to want to talk about issues and discuss the future of the country and what is best for the country---- Whether one agrees with the topic matter or not...the right winged folks try to engage in discussion.
On the the other side of the street...the lefties almost always, without fail attack ppl on a personal level, used foul language and attack, attack attack. There's always a right wing conspiracy, there's always a cover-up...anyone who can lean right has lost their mind...over and over and over. It's VERY difficult to engage in discussion, no matter how heated.

I guess lefties don't have anything to say. It's been my experience in life, no matter what the topic, political or otherwise, when a person or group of people cannot successfully defend their position on any topic...USUALLY they fall back on personal attacks...human nature i guess.
i tend to think it's more of emotional immaturity tho. When i discuss/debate a topic and i find myself wrong...i swallow hard and admit that i am wrong..don't like it..but that's what i try to do.

just an observation

cyas
rc

[signature]
thanks for makin my point..tho i was not referring to you specifically

cyas
rc
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]C'mon, Tony! Quit with the language. You being a moderator know the game and the rules. Your views are welcome but I'm asking that you show some control and clean it up when expressing them. Thanks.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
just for the record, i'm a registered independent.
You are so so right my friend and just like you said, he goes back on the attack again. Your post states the truth very clearly, it was exactly what I was thinking.
Thanks BLM, I was wondering how long we would have to put up with his language. WH2
[signature]
[reply]
[size 1]I was wondering how long we would have to put up with his language.[/size]
[/quote]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Why would you wonder about that? We may not be able to catch everything right when it happens but we take care of business. Without help from our posters in identifying questionable posts that means we have to find them. I don't know about you but I don't read every post made. Obviously it wasn't too big a problem since I recieved no complaints or requests to check on any questionable posts.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
No offense to you as a moderator but SM has been using language like that for a while, in post that you have been replying to, so you have seen it before. There are different degrees of bad language that he has been using but as far as I'm concerned he crossed the line long before this thread started. Thats my opinion, I know some feel the same as I do but I'm not sure if everyone does. Thanks BLM of everything you and the other moderators do to keep this site in line. I'll PM you next time I see a problem. WH2
[signature]