Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Quanipaug
Took my granddaughter on the boat for the first time and even though it was cool and drizzly she was great for getting no fish. We stayed for three hours and trolled for trout with only leaves on our hooks to show for it. We hit the south end for some senco worming for pepa and worm and bobber for her. I lost one , but never saw it. BEWARE THE RAMP HAS GOTTEN WORST SINCE SPRING. I won't be back till they fix that. Had to replace the axle last year due to bad ramps.
[signature]
I hate when that happens.

is the lake worth hauling a canoe to?
[signature]
The lake does give up it's trout in the spring and bass all summer long and it's the closest to my house. But that ramp needs help bad. The lake is worth taking a canoe on, but we have alot of lakes to choose from with in 25 mile range its not worth an axle.[unsure]
[signature]
I know what ya mean,

we have a couple public lakes by my house with two track entrances, and if you weels are of the 12 inch veriety you are going to drag your axel both in and out to get to the water, those ruts do get deap.

there is a lake by me that people have been doing power loading and it has destroied the ramp. there is a drop off at the end of the ramp hence when you reach the point where your boat becomes boyant your frame is grinding on the end of the ramp because the power loading washed away the sand from the back of the ramp.

power loading is against the law in michigan, but every year people still do it. I have seen them doing it. they make it bad for every one else and them selves. who knows when the state or governing body will have the monies again to make the repairs. and many times they go unrepaired for years on end becuse of lack of funding.

so I guess it makes sence to be kind to your environment.
[signature]
I've seen alot of that in the last two years on some lakes. Your right it will create a drop off. Might be a good idea to ban that type of loading, but I don't see it happening to soon.
[signature]
[center][#000000]NO POWER LOADING!
[Image: powerloading5.gif][/#000000]
[/center] [center] [/center] [center]Try emailing this little ditty to some of your water way or park athorities [/center]
[signature]