Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last night at Willard
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Me and a friend got out to Willard last night. Caught 2 small wipers just right outside the South marina. We were only there for a couple of hours and that is all we caught. My friend did get a bite of a much bigger one about an hour later but he lost it shortly after hookup. Was trolling several different lipless crank baits but the two wipers and one bite came on the Producer Prism Shad (stock unmodified). Talked to three other fishermen when docking at the marina ... none of them had caught anything. Last time this year, there were some nice boils going on. Hope it picks up soon.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the report Coot. What were the water levels at the south marina??

I hope it was just the bad weather we've had in the last week keepin the boils away. Hopefully it will improve over the week or two.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Teroy,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]When my boat was parked along side of the dike, it was only 4 ft deep. I was quite surprised to see some large ski boats launching without any trouble that I could see. My trailer didn't go off the end of the ramp like it was on the North marina last fall.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Sounds like the water level is holding steady,that what I was seeing last tuesday,Where you using the modified one at all coot,another good lure I have used at willard is a gold with black back walleye diver in the small version,thanks for the report coot,Looks like I will be going on thursday instead of tommorow.

Tight Lines.

Tony
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hey, CORRECTION : In my last reply, I said that "my boat was parked along side the dike". I meant for it to say "parked along side the DOCK" in 4 ft. Also, in the top post, speaking of boils last year I said "last time this year" but meant to say was "this time last year". Duh.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I did try a couple of different colors of modified tails on some Producer Prism Shads but never got a bite! All bites/catches came on stock PPS's! ... even though we did try several other lure types. Once again, experience shows "there is no formula" or "supper special lure". But it sure is enjoyable trying to figure one out.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Also, I wanted to say how nice the fresh fall air was. Very relaxing.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hey FISHINFOOL Tony, would you like some company on Thursday (that is if someone else isn't already going with you)?[/size][/font]
[signature]
I'm really sorry coot,my boat is full for thursday,Looks like my friend is not going to take a chance with his boat prop and will not be taking his boat out there,I dont blame him,he spents $300 dollars fixing it last time he dinged it.I will let you know when I do have room,and that goes for any of you guys that are on the board when I have room,

Tight LInes

Tony
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]No problem FF. I've been known to invite myself before (just ask Pred and BLM). Just keep us posted as to how things go. I think that if the weather were to stabalize for a week or so, I think we would start to see boils begining.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]And I was glad to have you along. I just wish the fish would of been biting as good as they were last night![/size][/font][Tongue]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey, I still have your sunglasses in my truck. What do we need to do to get them to you?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey BLM

Are you saying you where out last night also,and found some fish,or are you saying a two fish night is a good night.just curious.

Going to try to get out sunday also,if I get my hune-dues done,I will be out there for sure,I was also wondering if you guys are only fishing a few hours in the evenings,and do any of you fish early mornings,I always have to fish the whole day being that I have to drive an hour and a half to get there.

My friend was also saying there was somthing on channel 2 about willard last night,said the guy on there looked like BLM,Do we have a tv star on are message board.

TIGHT LINES

Tony
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]What I was referring to was the time Old Coot and I went out fishing Willard. We got there at day break and fished for a solid 12 hours. We caught one very small wiper the whole day! So I was digging at Old Coot for wishing it would pick up after only catching 3 wipers in a couple hours. He's been when it's been a heck of a lot worse!

I fish when ever I can. Fridays are my prime day but Saturday thru Thursdays works well too. I'll fish morning, noon or night - whenever my schedule will let me go. I'll fish all day or a few hours, again whenever my schedule will let me go. Last Friday we fished in the wind and rain for 5 1/2 hours and didn't get a bite but hey! That's fishing!

That's funny. RipNLips and I were out in his boat one afternoon on a weekday and low and behold who's big dollied up Excursion and boat trailer was in the parking lot? That's right! None other than the Doug Miller film crew. We saw the boat with the camera crew but we never actually saw Doug Miller himself. I thought about mooning them but decided my gentlemanly manners should win out! Ha!

Who is your buddy? How does he know me? Just wondering...You know how it is being a well know tv star and one of the beautiful people. I very rarely remember people unless they are as famous as me![Tongue] If you don't want to mention names on the internet, shoot me a P.M.

Good Luck on Sunday. Save some fish for some of us less fortunate folks who can't catch fish........[/size][/font]
[signature]
[Sad]We fished from 5p.m. til 8 and only had one hit. It was way off last night. You were lucky.
[signature]
[size 4]Whats this?! Are you kidding? B.L.Mack were you seriously on channel 2? And if so, what the heck were you doing there? Also whats this about being one of the beautiful people? You know that I have the best profile on this site![sly] If doug miller is looking for gorgeous fisherman, send him my way.[Wink] Maybee he recognized you from the wall of fame photo contest. Hey scooter, dont give up, the high pressure is moving back in and the temp is on the rise, If I am correct, you dont have a kicker motor. But the boils may return soon. I am done with willard for the year, but hook up with me next spring and we will go out an do some wiper catching. But in all seriousness mr. scooter, if you want to catch wipers, you just need to become one of the "beautiful people" like me and Bear lake mack.[Smile][/size]
[font "Comic Sans MS][size 4]Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful! [/font][/size]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hey BLM,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Could I get you to autograph my shades before I get them back from you? Seriously, was you on TV? Do you have a recorded clip that I could watch? Sounds interesting.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I very much doubt we were on Doug Miller's TV program. I don't even watch Doug Miller. I heard a segment on Willard Bay was run but I never saw it and no, I don't have any copies. That's everything I know in a nut shell![/size][/font]
[signature]
[Wink] To straigten all this out,

My friend did see you on the wall of fame,He seen the report on channel 2 two nites ago with Reese Stien,He thought it might have been you and told me about the report,so thought I would just see if it might have been you out there catch'n some wipers,Sorry about the confusion I have caused,NOW lets all get back to fishin.[cool]

TIGHT LINES

Tony[Tongue]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]My fleeting moment of fame gone! I'm simple dashed! I've suffered too much trama to go on! I think I'll never fish again because the pain is so deep! AHHHHHHH............ [/size][/font]
[signature]
[Sad]I'm Truly Sorry[Sad]

[Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][cool]

I'm still going out tommorw and will let you guys know how there bitin.

TIGHT LINES BLM.

Later,Tony
[signature]