Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Havasu Tackle Source
I was fishing at Havasu October 8th in first tournament ever. First time on the lake in 15 years and first time froma "proper" bass boat. Didn't catch much. Had, I remember, 6 bites and one in the boat swimming a white jig after trying a lot of things with zero results. The lake, locals said, had been pounded hard by recent tournament schedule. Sunday, I did face off with a maybe 4 lb. bass in shallow clear water when I was sight fishing in the hydrilla with a Castaic fluke. Learned quite a bit. Met couple locals who pointed me to some good spots.

Found local tackle shop near road to Windsor Beach and was very impressed by selection and prices. Owned by John W. Galbraith

It is called: Anglers Pro Shop, 362 London Bridge Road suite#1, Lake Havasu, AZ, phone: (928) 854-BASS(2277), open 7 days week not too late as I remember.

Had lots of crankbaits, Yamamoto selection, lots of Sweetwater gear and custom pours for the area. Striper gear also.

Remember, if you go to Havasu to have AZ license or AZ stamp on your CA license. They check.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Thanks for the tips. I have never fished Havasu or even been to Havasu. With the lake being part of the Colorado River can you fish from a boat with a Nevada license? Or is it strickly AZ/CA licenses?

Take care,
David
[signature]
Either an AZ license with river stamp or CA license with river stamp. Can get AZ license online.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Once again thanks for the tips.

Take care,
David
[signature]