Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the differnet fish icons and how do I change mine?
Q. What are the differnet fish icons and how do I change mine?

A. The fish icons change automatically based on your number of posts. No, you can not change yours but the more you post the bigger the fish.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Hi there theangler,

Is there a place where we can see the fishy icons and the number of posts required to have them or the number of posts that we actually have? I've got no goals or anything just interested.

Another question but it's related to a different board. You might find it interesting. I am a registered user in good standing with the board. The post on the board (it is not offensive ,nor is it spam, or self advertising, etc.) has a replies and a views column (for every post). The post, in question, shows and has shown for the last few days (screen refreshed and everything) 0 replies and 0 views. I happen to know that there have been various buddies viewing the post including myslef. Questions: 1) Is it possible for a moderator to 0 the views and or does viewing from the same ISP assigned number or a guest not count? 2) Is it also possible to 0 the replies too?

No hassle with the board, just curious on a technical level,

JapanRon
[signature]
[size 1]0 => Greenhorn
5 => Bait
25 => Shiner
50 => Brookie
100 => WeakFish
200 => Perch
300 => Rainbow Trout
400 => Calico Bass
500 => Walleye
750 => Barracuda
1000 => Large Mouth Bass
1250 => White Sea Bass
1500 => Alaskan Salmon
1750 => Striper Bass
2000 => Chain Pickeral
2500 => Yellowtail
3000 => Northern Pike
3500 => Dorado
4000 => Sturgeon
4500 => Tuna
5000 => Channel Catfish
5500 => Swordfish
6000 => Aligator Gar
7000 => Marlin
8000 => Sturgeon
10000 => Shark

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸>(((º>
.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

[laugh] How about a good laugh? [laugh]
[/size][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/comics/"][size 1]www.bigfishtackle.com/comics/[/size][/url][size 1]

Don't forget to tell a friend to visit these message boards!

Hunters and Anglers Spent $70 billion in 2001 According to Fish & Wildlife Service Survey - [/size][url "http://www.sportsmenslink.org/articles/NHFSPreliminaryReport.html"][size 1]Click Here [/size][/url][size 1]for report.

Mike H [/size]
[signature]

Thanks davetclown,

That's really a cool idea!

As to the second part of my inquiry, having an idea what moderators can do, what might be your guess?

I wanna be a Great White when I grow up!

JapanRon
[signature]
moderators can edit or delete post in their boards but can not change the numbers as you have indicated on this site.
[signature]

Hi davetclown,

Thanks, I made it very clear in my original question post/reply that I was talking about another board and NOT this board.

Again, it's no big deal, it's just interesting the little things one notices. I build simple websites and like to learn what can be done with components like message boards.

Again thanks,

JapanRon
[signature]
[size 2][size 1]Hello JapanRon,[/size]

[size 1]In answer to your second question Dave is correct in reference to this board, but there is actually 3 levels of administration at this board. There is a Moderator, Administrator, and a Top Level Administrator. The first two would not be capable within their board rights to make the change you are asking about but the later would. So in answer to your question, "Yes" it could be done but would have to probably be done by an IT person or webmaster of the site in question.[/size][/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Thank you theangler,

I just realized when I said 'board' what I really meant was 'a different website' and just 'one of their message boards to boot' ha ha! dumb dumb on me!

Another kind person clued me in on the fact you can click on your own name and get the number of posts one has made, etc.

This website has the best, closest knit, and most friendly bunch of moderators, and posters I have found to date. I love the fact I know I will probably not come across many posts that are being nasty to others. I might tell it like it is on a product but I hate personal attacks.

Again, thanks from a loyal member

JapanRon
[signature]
I must say JapanRon that I agree with you 100%.[Smile]There wasnt even this kind of comrodery among my scout troop as a youngster. I live in Utah and have only been introduced to this board at the end of june and have spent quite a bit of time fishing with a number of users on this board. I am amazed at the wealth of knowledge shared here and the unbelievably positive attitudes that influence this site. This is truely a great place to spend time on and just BS. You couldnt ask for a greater bunch of guys and gals to associate with, not to mention all the great moderators and administrators that do a faboulous job at making this site a hospitable one. Hats off to you guys. And thanks again to you TheAngler![Wink]
[signature]
So, now that TubeDude has hit 10,000 posts, what does he win???
[signature]
now that he has made it to shark, he wont have to worie about his icon changing on him any more, he gets to swim around with the rest of us big fish, and he gets to nip at the fins of all the little fish. [Tongue]
[signature]