Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wahoo won this time
It was a hard one at the helm yesterday yall. No birds running around, no bait on the fish finder, nothing. It was the blindest day of trolling i've done in a while. We landed a few, but nothing special. The water was really calm from the go, I had a bad feeling because of that. Usually, if you come out of the bay into 8 to 10 foot swells, it's going to be a good day. We lost a huge fish, I would almost say the way it hit it might have been a lost sailfish. That would've been fine by me. We switched tactics for a bit and tried to find some Mahi, but that didn't work out either. The Mahi won't be here good until about another month or so. But, they are starting to snag them, I figured what the hell. another problem we had is that the planers I have aren't up to the challenge of higher speed trolling. I was affraid I got the wrong ones. So, I wasn't running as deep as I usually like to. I was running naked Bonito's. They don't do too bad, but the trick is deep and fast. Plus, that 40 pound equipment I have just doesn't like the extra "pull" those planers have either. That's why I like those Yo Zuri deep divers. The only problem is they only last so long before you're buying another one. I would've snuck out into a few fathoms and tried to chum up a mako or something, but I figured the way the day was going, i'd better quit while I was ahead. Maybe tommorrow we'll find the fish.
[signature]