Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard gives up her wipers
[cool]Went out friday night around 7 P.M. and lordy lordy they was everywhere. All in front of the pig farm in about 2' of water and man was they hungery. They were hitting topwater and spinner baits for us. It was fast and furious and a whole lot of fun to make up for those (NO) fish night that are much to frequent lately. Anyone else get in on the action.
[signature]
Hey Scooter,

I'd like to try for those wipers but I'm limited to a flat tube and my two feet. Any suggestions on where to try later next week or should I watch the posts and take my best shot?

[crazy]Leaky
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We fished during the morning and afternoon and the fishing was so-so. Glad to here you got into them. Nothin' like it when it good![/font][/size]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The pig farm,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The silos,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The feed lot .... they are all the same place.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]It just dawned on me that two of the only three fish we caught yesterday were caught in shallow water. The biggest one came in 4-5 ft water near the South-East dike. We quickly left the area because I was in the mindset of trolling crank baits at about 7 feet of water. I am thinking that maybe the wipers are heading for warmer waters again ... away from the deeper cooler water. If I could get out again this week I would try something I have often thought of doing ... trolling shallows at about 1.0 - 1.5 mph with an electric and tossing top water lures ... retrieving them when thrown out the sides or just leaving them out there behind the boat just dragging them along slowly and gently popping them. Anyone ever tried this tactic at Willard with any success?[/size][/font]
[signature]