Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake John Ice Fishing Predictions?
Lake John is one of my favorites to ice fish in those years when it has good numbers of fish holding over. The night ice fishing there can be awesome.

Does anyone have any info as to how the fishing was there this Summer and Fall? Thanks!
[signature]
Isn't lake john that lake that used to have tons of big ones but it then got winterkilled a few years ago? Is it back now? I don't ever plan to fish it, but I am always happy to see someones fishery come back. What are the average size of fish and what kinds does lake john have? I'm just curious...
[signature]
You're right, TFB. Lake John winterkilled almost completely a couple of years ago, but I heard this Spring that 2 1/2 years of growth on all those shrimp (scuds) and such had resulted in a pretty good population of bigger fish. I don't know any details and I haven't heard very much.

I catch mostly rainbows with some cutthroats, depending on the year. Used to be you could get good numbers, with fish up to 3+ lbs. fairly common. My biggest from there is maybe close to 4 lbs., but that was several years ago. I'm hoping for a good year there and at Elevenmile. I'd like to get a few days at Blue Mesa and at Flaming Gorge, too.
[signature]
Don,
Where is Lake John located? Is it in South Park.
[signature]
Oats-

Lake John is up in North Park, just a few miles outside the town of Walden and a few miles from the Delaney Buttes lakes.
[signature]