Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing the Tennessee river
My cousin and I fished the Tennessee river near Athens Alabama on Saturday the 6th. We fished below the dam and did good for wipers and stripers. We caught more than fifty in the morning, most were 16 to 17 inches, Rich also caught
a nice 20 inch largemouth. There was a bass tournament going on and a couple of the guys got excited when we showed them that largemouth,ha,ha. I should have taken a picture of the largemouth but all I got was a picture of the area we fished below the dam. In the afternoon we fished a different area near the nuclear power plant, we caught 8 channel cats that were 18 to 22 inches. I'm also attaching a picture of those cats,we caught them using shad guts. It was a fun day to be out fishing. WH2
[signature]
Do you still fish in this area? Is it a good place for a beginning fisher?
[signature]
It can be a very dangerous place if you aren't careful. Those churning waters can get a small boat into trouble quick. We came around from the side and I thought it was a good place to fish. You would need to go with someone that has fished turbulent waters before but I think you could do good there. All you would need to do is cast out and reel in with a curly tail jig. Your statement: "[size 1]Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish." [/size]
[black][/black]
[black]Fishing is all about enjoying yourself, so you should have a good time even if you don't catch fish. To answer your first question, I haven't fished that spot since that day because I don't live in Alabama, I was there fishing with my cousin. We will probably try it again the next time I'm there, it was a fun day. Welcome to BFT. WH2[/black]
[signature]
Thanks for the information and the welcome. I am very new to fishing. Sounds like a place that needs someone who has been there before. May I ask what a "curly tail jig" is?
[signature]
Some people call them grubs but here is a picture of them, just click on the name below. They come in many sizes and colors, I like white or chartreuse. WH2
[signature]
Oh, ok... I never knew they had a name [Smile] I have a bunch of them though. Thanks for educating me!
[signature]
welcome to the board!!!
[signature]
bump
[signature]
bump