Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why was my post deleted?
[size 2][size 1]Why were my post/posts deleted?[/size]

[size 1]Though there may be a few reasons the most obvious being profanity, vulgarity, and or spamming. I wanted to clarify one in particular as I just deleted one such post. This is posts that aren't really spamming but are advertising another similar site. [/size]

[size 1]Generally posts that contain web addresses that others will find useful do not get deleted. Some keys to ensuring yours won't are:
[/size][size 1]*Don't make it totally obvious you are trying to promote your site without paying for advertising.
[/size][size 1]* Do include informative information that will be useful to other members.
[/size][size 1]* Don't even bother posting another sites web address if you are not a registered user of this board, I will delete any post like this I see that is posted by a guest (someone without a registered username)
[/size][size 1]* Don't repeatedly post the same message over extended periods of time
[/size][size 1]* Do try to add to the quality of this forum (take a moment and answer a fellow anglers questions, leave a fish report, etc...) besides just posting your advertisement[/size]
[size 1]*Blatant advertising is allowed for registered users at the advertisers boards, so if you want to offer members a discount, special, or announce a product, etc.. do it there please.[/size]
[font "Verdana"][size 1]
[/size][/font][size 1]Lastly, Don't bother saying how BigFishTackle.Com censors posts after yours is deleted if you weren't following theses guidelines.[/size]
[/size]
Repeated violations of these guidlines will result in your I.P. address being banned from this forum.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator