Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I WANT ICE!!!!
Don't know exactly why, but I am so pumped for ice fishing this year!!! Look out trout, here I come!!!
[signature]
I must agree-it's time for ice! It's gonna be in single digit temps at 11-mile all this week and weekend.I'm goin up there to check on saturday,and will fish in 11-mile or spinney or the dream stream,maybe all three.I,ll bring my spinning rod,fly rod and snaggin rod.Gotta love it-
[signature]
I will be up at Spinney on Sunday also. Fishing there has been great this fall!

I hope we also have safe ice down here? I live five minutes from Aurora Res.

I also read that if we have at least a normal snow pack or above they are going to start refilling Antero!!!!!
[signature]
I hope the temps cool off again soon here as well. We had cold temps and snow for a while, but afternoon highs are back into the low 50's here in the Grand Valley. Oh well, that's only a couple degrees above normal for this time of year. I'm sure the lakes in the mountains are getting ready to freeze pretty quickly. I'd love to hit Taylor Reservoir in early December for some mack action. That lake can be great for lots of macks or it can be dead slow with very finicky macks that refuse most every presentation. I hope that when I hit it this year I hit it just before and during a big old snowstorm. During snowstorms, the lakers bite all day and aren't so fussy.

Tyler
[signature]
I always have an open water option in the colorado river in a couple of holes. The winter is when the big rainbows stack in the big, deep sandy holes and feed on suckers all winter. The bows average 3-5 lbs .with 15-50 fish days the norm, along with bows much larger than 5 lbs. very common. The best fishing for me is still to come!
Of course, I am pumped for icefishing too. I hope highline lake in the grand valley freezes like it did last year so we can go blast some 2 lb. crappies (most of them smaller, but 2 lbs is a common large fish for the day) and numerous 1-3lb. catfish
Can't wait to hit blue mesa reservoir and get my 20 lb. mackinaw; this year is the year!!! Heck maybe during the middle of the day I'll fish below blue mesa dam for some big rainbows and browns. (that is if they are letting out enough water this time)
[signature]