Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with font size
Back around the first part of September, some new BFT message board upgrades were implemented. Ever since then, I have not been able to post my posts, replys, or PM’s in my preferred font size. My preferred font face is Comic Sans MS. The font size I prefer is 10. As it turns out, ever since the upgrades, size 10 shows up the same as size 8. Size 8 is too small for most of us hard of seeing types and if I go to size 12, it is way too bold and “loud” for my personality.

When I am in the editor I can set the font to 10 and it looks just fine. But when I preview it or post it, it comes out in the small 8 size.

I’ve done a bunch of experimenting and found that this size problem does not apply to all font face types … just some of them.

Here is a link to one of my posts back when it looked and worked correctly:

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=76365#76365"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...cgi?post=76365#76365[/url]

But here is how it works now:

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 1]This is Comic Sans MS in size 8. This is Comic Sans MS in size 8. This is Comic Sans MS in size 8. This is Comic Sans MS in size 8. This is Comic Sans MS in size 8.[/size][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]This is Comic Sans MS in size 10. This is Comic Sans MS in size 10. This is Comic Sans MS in size 10. This is Comic Sans MS in size 10. This is Comic Sans MS in size 10.[/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]This is Comic Sans MS in size 12. This is Comic Sans MS in size 12. This is Comic Sans MS in size 12. This is Comic Sans MS in size 12. This is Comic Sans MS in size 12.[/size][/black][/font]

If I knew how to modify my posts in HTML I would set the tags to display in true 10 pt. But I don’t know how to do that.

Any ideas, help, or suggestions? If not, I’ll just stick with my very disliked second choices.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 2]Ok, I've been doing a little more poking around and have found a way around this problem ... I go into the basic editor and add the raw "size 2" [size 2][/size][size 2][/size][size 2][/size]HTML tags.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 2][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 2]I discovered that, within the advanced editor, 10 point font just takes on the default "size 1" 8 point font [size 1](or at least it does for Comic Sans MS).[/size][/size][/black]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 2]So, this very reply now looks the way I like.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 2]Kind of a long way around but it works till someone can fix Comic Sans MS's 10 point font. . . . . . . Or am I mistaken about something here?[/size][/black][/font]
[/font]
[signature]
in internet explorer, go to view, then text size, maybe you can adjust it there

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Re: [Old_Coot] Problem with font size[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]try typing a little bit, [/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]then highlight it [/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]then select your font style and size...[/font]

to edit in html, on the basic editor click on the faq link. you will be given all the usefull html markup codes.

if you have exploror 6.0 or better loaded on your computer you can use the method I mentioned above with out any codes.... you just have to make sure you are using the advanced editor.
[signature]