Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish "catchin" report
This was one of the best days yet. That purple speedster was the center of attraction. That reflective craft tape was incredibly shiney, and the Wahoo were all over it. The lure I had pin striped got more action than all my other rigs put together. I think i'm on to something yall. It did just what I figured it would, spank the Wahoo's ass. I'm tellin' ya, if you want a high speed lure that will run at high speed with out using any heavy weights or wire line leads, that's the one. I tried running a heavy weight on my bonito's, and it worked perfectly. Naked, the bonitio's get tangled very easily at a slow speed of just over 7 knotts; if they don't start skipping on top of the water first. I added a 32 ounce weight ahead of the leader, and they ran great. Though, judging from the bounce of the rod tip, I think the weight hindered the action of the lure considerably. I didn't have too much action on the old bonito's. I ran into two HUGE schools of tuna feeding on top. It was such a waste, I didn't have any casting rods with me on the boat. My fishing buddy said I was going to hell and he'd never forgive me. [Tongue] I did a quick switch-a-roo to some top water skirts, and trolled the very outside, but the tuna weren't having it. HEY, all you tuna fisherman, what kind of casting lure do you recomend when you run accross a top water school like that in the middle of the day? Just curious. I haven't had any luck with mahi, I just don't think it was ment to be. Hey, will Mahi hit those diving lures I use? I know the tuna didn't seem to care for them. OH, check out this website, it has some cool pictures of a fishing trip and a hike we did here in Guam. Hit me up with that info people's'. thanx:

[url "http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tarpon4me/my_photos"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tarpon4me/my_photos[/url]
[signature]