Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booyaa's knot of choice
[unsure]Hey Booyaa,

I was just wondering what type of knot you are tying with that 4# line that is enabling you to catch such "Big Fish" from the shore? I am very impressed!!! Will you teach it to me? Are you snapping off the photos while you are fighting the fish from shore? I sure hope that you are in a harness because a shark of that size will definately pull you around like an old lady walking a pit bull!!! You could probably start a new sport like water skiing behind white sharks that are hooked on rod and reel. Just some food for thought.

Good times.
[signature]
Let me just go ahead and open by saying it was challenging for sure. Im not going to lie to you Milos and tell you that I didn't get worked, because I did. I rested for about 5 minutes after I landed the shark and threw my Tady 4/0 blue and white glow out for the Tuna. Regarding my knot, I use what I call the shulas keep tying damofo inverted gainer bow knot. I swang on the shark in Cardiff and enjoyed the photo op in Dana Point. The walk back kinda sucked, but I thought it was an OK fish.

There is quite a bit of finesse involved in utilizing the light line and I prefer to fish Mano y Pescado without a harness.

I got another photo sent over from a guy that I bumped into just past Oceanside harbor in Pendleton that came out pretty cool.

[url "javascript:void(0)"][/url][url "javascript:void(0)"][Image: Sequencesxa_cbSmall.jpg][/url][url "javascript:void(0)"][/url]

If you ever get a chance, the great whites are fun fish to catch. Good luck out there and be careful.
[signature]
Hey Miguel,[size 2]

[size 1]Definitely must be finessing that drag, I'll go out on a limb here and guess that it was pretty tough casting that live seal in the great whites mouth (talk about live bait)? Mike I must say I was a little surprised to here you used the "damofo inverted gainer bow knot" with such light line and such a "big fish", I would of guessed something like the "socal yafulasht quadruple bridle rig" non the less a valiant conquest even for a man of your incredible exploits. [/size]

[size 1]P.S. It appears one of the photographers from The O.C. Register happened to be driving by and snapped off the photo below of you it was in today's paper. I thought I recognized you on the beach, boy you sure had a lot of line out. Lucky he didn't spool ya.[Wink][/size][/size] [center][size 1][url "javascript:void(0)"][Image: PredationsP1252-30Small.jpg][/url][/center][/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator