Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout Fishing below Hoover Dam? Willow beach? Soft baits?
Are there any trout ( of any catchable size) below the dam? We fished Lee’s Ferry & had a blast. And I was curious if there was a chance that there were trout to catch from Willow beach on up. I know the strippers went over the dam in ‘87 (?) & ate a lot of trout I wonder if they ate them all! Has anyone tried for big brown trout with one of those soft giant rainbow trout (stripper) lures? They look so real I cleaned one by mistake & put it in the smoker. It turned out pretty good!
[signature]
Good Mornin' GreatWest, Welcome to the Nevada Board, I haven't done much trout fishing south of the dam but we do have a few people the fish that area maybe they will check in. Keep posting your fishing trips and we all love pictures.

David
[signature]
Thanks for the info. If I bring the wife, she'll let me go. Sort of a catch-22 situation as she outfishes me & tells all our friends. I am not sure if I like her that much any more! I will plan a shore trout/quail ( thank god she does'nt bird hunt - yet) trip from the Nevada side (Aztec - Powerline Wash) & report back. Thanks Fellows
[signature]