Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 11/27
Couldn't wait to get the new boat out on the water so we braved the snow and fished strawberry Saturday. Fished in the narrows to get out of the wind, and did OK. Caught 6 fish 3 cutts and 3 rainbows, nothing over 20" though. I am new to fishing on strawberry with a boat I am looking for some pointers on better locations and techniques to catch the big un's. "FISH ON!"
[signature]
Welcome to the site . Like your name . Would it mean you fish Starvation Res. a lot for browns ? I know it was a shot it the dark , but you might be from the basin . Lots of posts on Strawberry here and in the archives [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=87;"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=87;[/url] or page back thru post . Or try a search for berry on Utah Forums . Never know for sure what the "Big un's" want , but jigs work well for lots of fish . What type of fishing did you try yesterday or what type of fishing do you like to do ? Do you have a fish finder , GPS ?
[signature]
While at Strawberry yesterday we tried casting rapalas and jigs at the shore and had success picking up a few cutts, latter caught some rainbows on powerbait. Yes hellsangler we were using a fish finder but had a hard time staying over the fish because of the wind. I like to troll but need a trolling motor before this will happen. And as for Starvation, every spring for a couple of months we hit it hard for the big browns, never tried it in the fall though any suggestions. "FISH ON!"
[signature]
When we went to strawberry Wednesday November 24th it took alittle while to find them but when we did it was fast fishing. When trolling we picked up afew small ones except for Petty's 20" cutt. When we finally located them at the bottom in 40+ feet of water we circled back and got a lucky bite on our anchor and we where right over the top of them. The bigger fish seemed to be on the bottom. As soon as we got our jiggs to the bottom we would start getting hits. The wind can make it alittle tougher but there is alot of areas you can anchor up and have some good fishing. Just watch your sonar and you will find the fish.

What was the surface temperature? Was it very cold up there?
[signature]
how where the ramp conditions???
[signature]
Thanks for the tip. While up there on saturday the surface temp was around 34, pretty cold in and out of the water. Snowed on us all day! The snow was starting to pile up, about 6" at renegade when we left. Ramps weren't slick when we got there in the morning because we were the first and only ones down that day and the snow kept us in place. We went to renegade because it is a little less steep than the main marinas boat ramp. Still looking for some pointers on the berry and starvation in the fall. "FISH ON!"
[signature]