Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish "catchin' report
Mmmmmm, what a great day. We caught the hell out of 'em. Those purple and black speedsters are the ticket. I tried out that high speed, cleat mounted planer system. And to much of my surprise, It worked nearly flawless. And If I say it worked that good, trust me boys, it did. I'm a big time critic when it comes to gear, and it's well worth the money if you want a planer system that works, and allows you to troll at high speeds. We caught two monster Wahoo, in excess of 50 pounds a piece, a total of 12 on the day. A fifty pound wahoo in Guam is like a 120 pounder in florida, it's a Fu*#ing monster. When the biggest one hit, we were trolling around 11 knotts, and the seas were pretty nasty. I have some killer pic's as soon as they get transferd to a CD-R. The second biggest wahoo was a pain in the ass to get. I actually hit him with a gaff and lost grip of the damn thing. [sly] I wasn't thinking clearly after having 6 or 7 Miller Lights under that hot sun, so I instinctively jumped in the water after him. I wasn't about to loose an 80 dollar gaff, a 25 dollar lure, and a damn fine Wahoo! Surprisingly enough, the gaff stayed in his back, and I was able to grap the end and hand it to my buddy before the wahoo turned and cut the piss out of me. Besides, the water was a nice 85 degrees, I needed the bath anyways, I smelled like fish. [Tongue]
[signature]