Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing has started!
It's here!! Georgetown and the Snake River Inlet at Dillon apparently both have fishable ice. I talked to the folks at Lake John Resort this morning and it is now frozen and they expect it may be thick enough to fish this weekend! Yee-haw!!!!
[signature]
Thats good news,when South Park gets some frosty weather I'll be one of the first out there. Here's some inspiration!
[signature]
Taylor Reservoir should be ready to go very soon. I called the Grand Mesa lodge to see if Island lake was frozen. I was sure that with the 10,700 elevation that it would be. But the lady said that all the snowpack insulates the ice and delays freezing, she said it was only a couple inches thick. But I have also heard it usually freezes by the first week of December at the latest, so I'm not sure what to believe. But with these chill temperatures that finally hit, it might be ready by the weekend. Want to hit it for some brookies, rainbows, and splake. Heck I'd even like to catch a few suckers for lake trout bait later in the year.

Tyler
[signature]
I should be going somewhere this weekend what with the super cold weather we are having.
[signature]
santa realy knows how to deliver....

ice fishing here in michigan for christmas... first time in years....

realy something to hoot and hallar about....
[signature]