Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing class on for thursday
Class is still on thursday the 2nd. 6 pm to 8
Looks as though we may be able to fish closer at lost creek with this cold snap. I will try to check it out before class. This is still a beginer class. And it is still free.
If you are planning on coming give a short I'm coming reply so i can have a guess on what to plan for.
[signature]
[size 1][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][/size]
[signature]
That's not what he means, Jason. [Wink]
James, do you know how much ice there is at Lost Creek?
Is there easy access to the fishing there? Last year I remember some posts saying it was a long walk and a little bit hard to get to the ice. I think that it was Lost Creek they were talking about.
Any suggestions for first timers there? Thanks, Dale.
[signature]
Wish I could make it. I could use a bit of schooling.
[signature]
I wish I could go! Maybe next class.
[signature]
I should be able to make that, and my wife and son would probably like to come, if there's room.
[signature]
Where is lost creek? I swear that is the only question I ever post on this board "where is it". I always thought I had a pretty good handle on the fishing waters of Utah, but apparently I didn't get out of the Uintah basin as much as I thought I did.
[signature]
Count me in for the part on the ice. Both natalie and I will come to that!!!
[signature]
[cool]Here's my suggestion: Just follow James and watch what he does, and copy it! You'll get into fish if you follow his instructions. The biggest thing you'll notice James do is, he NEVER set's his pole down (well except maybe he does to grab a sandwich or take a leak[Tongue]). You miss a lot of bites if you set your pole down, or if you see the bite happening, usually by the time you pick up your rod you have missed the bite at least half of the time. Anyway, just watch him and you'll learn. I did!
[signature]
you watched james and learned from him, but geoff you still cant catch fish.
[signature]
Hi there James I will be there for Thursday's class and Saturday's practice if it is somewhere between here (Clearfield) and Strawberry. I am looking forward brushing up on the basic and maybe some new tactics to try.

Mark Danner
[signature]

Heres a link to Lost Creek

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=forum_view_collapsed;forum=96;page=2;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=forum_view_collapsed;forum=96;page=2;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25[/url];
[signature]
No Idea how thick the ice is yet, I will take off out if here tomarrow just to go check the thickness and access.
[shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked] [shocked][shocked][shocked]
[signature]
For those coming to the class it will be at 575 n. main, kaysville 6pm to 8pm. The fishing will be sat. the 4th probably at lost creek,if ice alows.
[signature]
James, I am planning on going to the class and bringing two others with me. Not sure on Sat. yet. Do we need to bring anything to the class????
BB
[signature]
[url "http://weather.kutv.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?brand=kutv&query=84018"]http://weather.kutv.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?brand=kutv&query=84018[/url]

The weather forcast for Croydon this week. Hopefully that means good ice for Lost Creek
[signature]
My husband and I are planning on being there.
[signature]
Definant maybe
[signature]
I'm there! I'll bring one more person too! Thanks!
[signature]
Wow James, you have accomplished what no one else has had much success at -- getting some newbie members to make a post on BFT. Welcome all of you, and I hope, now you have broken the ice -- so to speak -- that you will share your fishing adventures with us by making more posts.
[signature]